The results of minimizing PDNF do not converge

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter urugvai
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
urugvai
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I have a function defined by a vector of values (2 3 4 6 7 12 15), from the truth table I compose the PDNF, I minimize it first by the Quine method, then by the Karnaugh map, the results differ by one term
I can’t understand what the error is
Karnaugh map
 
Attachments
  • Англ версия.JPG
    Англ версия.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 222.JPG
    222.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
urugvai said:
I have a function defined by a vector of values (2 3 4 6 7 12 15), from the truth table I compose the PDNF, I minimize it first by the Quine method, then by the Karnaugh map, the results differ by one term
I can’t understand what the error is
Karnaugh map

Hi urugvai,

The second term from your application of the Quine method can be omitted without loss of coverage.
We can map it in the Karnaugh diagram and see that it is already covered by the first and third term of the Quine form.
 
Klaas van Aarsen said:
Hi urugvai,

The second term from your application of the Quine method can be omitted without loss of coverage.
We can map it in the Karnaugh diagram and see that it is already covered by the first and third term of the Quine form.

Thank you for saying that this is part of the norm.
As I understand it, the Quine method with four variables gives an abbreviated PDNF, and the Karnaugh diagram gives minimal?