The types of sensors which receiving Brain Signal

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
BMEinstein
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi :)
I'm designing a research and need you guys's help :)
It's an experiment to finding out what happens in our brain when we are stimulated by electricity.

I have to collect the signals from brain, but not using EEG.
(I already failed once...:'( )
I've been thinking about MEG, but it doesn't seems bringing good result 'cause you know, electric/magnetic fields are so mutual..

So could you notice us if there are any other sensors which can collect brain signal??
(It's small experiment so enormous equipment like (f)MRI couldn't be used..)

Thank you a lot. :D Have a nice day :D
 
Physics news on Phys.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurosky#NeuroSky_Products [cheap EEG]

Also there are optical methods ...

wikipedia.org/Optical_topography said:
NIRS can be used for non-invasive assessment of brain function through the intact skull in human subjects by detecting changes in blood hemoglobin concentrations associated with neural activity, e.g., in branches of Cognitive psychology as a partial replacement for fMRI techniques. NIRS can be used on infants, and NIRS is much more portable than fMRI machines, even wireless instrumentation is available, which enables investigations in freely moving subjects. However, NIRS cannot fully replace fMRI because it can only be used to scan cortical tissue, where fMRI can be used to measure activation throughout the brain.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_topography#Medical_uses

www.ucl.ac.uk/medphys/research/borl/imaging/topography
 
Last edited: