Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The What-Should-I-Make-For-Supper Thread

1. Oct 22, 2009 #1
    I can't decide what I should make for supper. As this is a semi-regular occurrence, I figured I would [strike]pawn off the decision on you guys[/strike] ask you guys for advice. I can't be the only one who has trouble deciding what to make all the time.

Just post whatever you're making for supper each day, then everyone should have a few suggestions to work from.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2009 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't look at me tonight. My dinner was packaged ramen noodles and some roasted pumpkin seeds. I got home too hungry and tired to wait to make food and was one of those rare nights I wished I was married so I could call a husband and tell him to pick up take-out on the way home.

4. Oct 22, 2009 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Buy some chicken (I prefer thighs and legs) and keep it in the fridge. When you have a supper emergency, rinse the chicken, dip it in raw scrambled eggs, and the roll it in Roland Panko bread crumbs with whatever seasonings you like. Salt, pepper, sage, Javin brand curry powder, garlic and onion are really popular in this house and bake it in a covered pan, then uncover for the last 30 minutes or so to get the coatings crispy.

5. Oct 22, 2009 #4

turbo

Gold Member

Don't let this one out our your source will dry up overnight!!!!!! If you have a store near you that offers flat-iron steaks at a reasonable price, buy them all. This is a special cut out of shoulders with a very low yield per animal, so once it gets popular the price will soar. It has all the flavor of the shoulder steaks with the tenderness of the rib steaks. Buy now before the mouth-breathers wise up.

6. Oct 22, 2009 #5
    My problem wasn't having stuff on hand to cook, I have almost everything here. I just couldn't decide what to make. I ended up eating leftovers of steak and pasta.

Everyone, tomorrow afternoon/evening, post what you're making for supper.

7. Oct 22, 2009 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Spaghetti tonight. But I'm not cooking...my lovely daughter is. Aaaahhh, makes that 28-hour labor worth it :approve:.

8. Oct 22, 2009 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I made chick peas with spinach and shredded chicken over couscous. Some cumin, corriander, lemon, garlic and red pepper flakes.

9. Oct 22, 2009 #8
    I still haven't been cooking lately. I have a termite infestation in my new kitchen and management are being incredibly slow to take care of it (a month now already an I have had only a single visit from a termite guy). I think I will look up relevant laws and start calling and threatening on a daily basis until they do something about it.

Until then, does anyone have any recipes utilizing termites?

10. Oct 22, 2009 #9

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Mmmmm...sounds better than spaghetti (although it turned out delicious!).

11. Oct 22, 2009 #10
    Maybe some chocolate covered termites?

12. Oct 23, 2009 #11
    Tonight I'm making spicy chicken wraps.

13. Oct 23, 2009 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does popcorn count as a dinner? Actually, I had a pretty large chicken caesar salad for lunch, so wasn't all that hungry for dinner tonight and opted for popcorn as a snack instead. I might get hungry later tonight. I think I'll spend the weekend cooking up some larger meals that I can freeze and just heat up at night. I just haven't had a chance to do that since moving, and cleaned out the freezer before moving, so need to restock before winter.

14. Oct 23, 2009 #13
    Just eat some kimchi.

15. Oct 23, 2009 #14
    AHhhh I made myself some fries and chicken nuggets in the deep fryer. Go me ;D

16. Oct 23, 2009 #15
    I made pizza, with Feta cheese, red onion, olives, tons of basil and roasted garlic. No vampires here tonight!:blushing:

17. Oct 23, 2009 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Awww...termites don't eat much...other than the kitchen cabinets.

18. Oct 23, 2009 #17
    True, but they sure leave lots of "pellets" and carcasses all over the place. Not very appetizing. :-/

Tonight, unless I just make a quesadilla, I will have cheap dinner consisting of a can of Dinty Moore beef stew pepped up with some crushed red pepper and served over white rice.

19. Oct 23, 2009 #18
    I don't eat much dinner. I've a real grill artist for lunch who can crank out the most amazing ors-du-art of your choice in 5 minutes flat with plenty of polyunsatured fat 'n stuff. mmmm

I'm going to rip out the stove and put in a grill if he gets hit by a bus.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook