Top 6 challenges for engineering in the first quarter of 21st Centrury

  • Thread starter Thread starter spggodd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Engineering
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
spggodd
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Hey all,

I have an interview coming up and I have been asked to consider the following question:

"What are the top 6 challenges (technical, commercial, ethical, regulatory, etc..) facing the UK engineering profession in the first quarter of the 21st Century?"

I was hoping I could start some discussion and get your opinions of this, even if you're not from the UK there may be common issues in your country that you can share?

Thanks
Steve
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
To kick things off my thoughts were:

- Energy Demands
- Growing and improving our high tech and space related industries
- Large EU/International collaborative engineering projects
- Plantetary Protection
- Cyber Defense
- Sustaining the growth of UK manufacturing.
 
In US
aging infastructure
education
risk management
pollution
 
spggodd said:
To kick things off my thoughts were:

- Energy Demands
- Growing and improving our high tech and space related industries
- Large EU/International collaborative engineering projects
- Plantetary Protection
- Cyber Defense
- Sustaining the growth of UK manufacturing.

That's a good start! :smile:

One technique you could use to help your brainstorming and research would be to list the various engineering disciplines (EE, ME, CE, etc.), and think about the challenges specific to each discipline...