Transferring from csuf to cal poly slo for engineering?

In summary, transferring from CSUF to Cal Poly SLO for engineering requires completion of a certain number of units, specific coursework, maintaining a certain GPA, and meeting other criteria. There are specific courses that need to be completed before transferring, including math, science, and engineering courses, as well as general education requirements. While the transfer process can be challenging, it can have benefits such as access to a prestigious engineering program, smaller class sizes, and potential networking opportunities. In most cases, credits from CSUF will transfer to Cal Poly SLO for engineering as long as they are equivalent. It is important to consult with academic advisors at both schools to ensure a successful transfer.
benEE2018
i was wondering if anyone had any success transferring from csu to csu. i currently have completed 73 units in which most are ge's and i have completed calc 1 and 2. phys1 mechanics, c++ programming, and digital logic and my overall gpa is a 3.46. do i have remotely any chance of getting in compared to previous transfer acceptances stats and if so would completing 73 units hinder my application process?

Physics news on Phys.org
My girlfriend transferred from Sonoma State to Cal Poly SLO for a history major and is now at UCLA for the Classics. She has about a 3.6 transfer GPA

1. What are the requirements for transferring from CSUF to Cal Poly SLO for engineering?

The specific requirements for transferring from CSUF to Cal Poly SLO for engineering vary depending on the program, but in general, students must have completed a certain number of units and specific coursework, maintained a certain GPA, and met other criteria such as completing specific engineering courses.

2. Are there any specific courses that I need to take before transferring to Cal Poly SLO for engineering?

Yes, there are typically specific courses that you will need to complete before transferring to Cal Poly SLO for engineering. These may include math, science, and engineering courses, as well as general education requirements. It is important to consult with an academic advisor at both schools to ensure that you are taking the correct courses for your intended major.

3. Is it difficult to transfer from CSUF to Cal Poly SLO for engineering?

Transferring from one university to another can be a challenging process, but it is certainly achievable with careful planning and preparation. It is important to meet with academic advisors at both schools to ensure that you are on track to meet all necessary requirements and deadlines.

4. Are there any benefits to transferring from CSUF to Cal Poly SLO for engineering?

Transferring from CSUF to Cal Poly SLO for engineering can have many benefits, including access to a prestigious engineering program with a strong reputation, smaller class sizes and more personalized attention from professors, and potential networking opportunities with industry professionals.

5. Will my credits from CSUF transfer to Cal Poly SLO for engineering?

In most cases, credits from CSUF will transfer to Cal Poly SLO for engineering as long as they are equivalent to courses offered at Cal Poly SLO. It is important to consult with an academic advisor at both schools to ensure that your credits will transfer and count towards your major requirements.