Troubleshooting Olympus CX31 Microscope and Sony CCD Image Capture

In summary, the conversation is about the issue with a microscope (Olympus CX31) linked with a CCD (Sony) and the installation of the "Ulead program" to capture pictures. The problem is that the pictures appear too enlarged on the computer, and attempts to adjust the size through program settings and reinstallation have been unsuccessful. The person is seeking advice on how to fix this issue and also asks if the image is clear and if they have tried using a lower objective.
seesan
I just link my microscope (Olympus CX31) with CCD (Sony), the staff 's company installed "Ulead program" in computer linked with CCD to capture the picture from microcope. The problem is when the picture shown in the computer, it is already too enlarged that we can't see the wider view as we should see when we use the the lowest magnification of objective lens (4X). Actually, after installation, everything was just fined but when my staff came to use it by herself for the first time, she found that the computer can't be turned on. She then reboot it and it 's turned on with this too large picture since then. I tried to solve the problem by reinstallation the capture program but it doesn't work, the picture size is still too large and can't reduce the size. What should I do to fix it?

Computer science news on Phys.org

hi there
welcome to the forums :)

commonly software would have a setting for adj. the size to whatever you want
800x600, 1024x768 etc have a real good look through the program settings.
not knowing the exact prog you are using ...its a bit difficult to offer any other suggestions about how to use it.

ignoring the size of the image for a moment...
is the image clear... in focus etc

cheers
Dave

Is your complaint just that the field of view is much smaller (more 'zoomed in') than what you see through the ocular (eyepiece)? It may just be a function of the different paths the light takes to your eye as opposed to the CCD. This might be a dumb question, but since you said things looked 'fine' at the start, have you tried just changing to a lower objective?

Barring that, I'd contact whoever this 'staff' person is, or 'staff's company'.

Related to Troubleshooting Olympus CX31 Microscope and Sony CCD Image Capture

1. How do I troubleshoot issues with image capture on my Olympus CX31 microscope and Sony CCD camera?

First, ensure that all connections between the microscope and camera are secure. Next, check that the camera settings are correct and the software is up to date. If the issue persists, try restarting both the microscope and camera. If none of these steps work, consult the user manual or contact technical support for further assistance.

2. Why am I experiencing poor image quality when capturing images with my Olympus CX31 microscope and Sony CCD camera?

Poor image quality can be caused by a variety of factors, including incorrect camera settings, dirty lenses or slides, or improper lighting. Make sure all settings are optimized for your sample and clean the lenses and slides before capturing images. Adjusting the lighting or using a different objective lens may also improve image quality.

3. How can I troubleshoot issues with the autofocus function on my Olympus CX31 microscope?

If the autofocus is not working properly, first check that the objective lens is properly attached and clean. If the issue persists, try adjusting the focus knob manually to see if the autofocus function is simply not calibrated correctly. If this does not work, consult the user manual or contact technical support for further assistance.

4. What should I do if I am unable to see any images on my computer while using the Sony CCD camera with my Olympus CX31 microscope?

First, make sure that the camera is properly connected to the computer and the software is correctly installed. Next, check that the camera settings are correct and the microscope is properly aligned. If the issue continues, try restarting both the camera and the computer. If none of these steps work, consult the user manual or contact technical support for further assistance.

5. How do I troubleshoot issues with the illumination system on my Olympus CX31 microscope?

If the illumination is not working properly, first check that the light source is on and properly connected to the microscope. Next, make sure that the correct illumination settings are selected and the condenser lens is properly aligned. If the issue persists, consult the user manual or contact technical support for further assistance.