Trying to come up with a study plan

• Thread starter engin2itdept
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plan Study
In summary, if you are having trouble solving a problem then find a way to write it out specifically so your subconscious can work on it.
engin2itdept
Hi, I new to the forum and I am trying to pass my next exam which is on these five topics Center of Mass ,Rotation and Moment of Inertia ,Torque Newton's Law and energy in angular form, Rolling and Angular Momentum. For Physics test I am only good at defining terms but when it comes doing the problem (as in figure out what the problem ask for and solving) What do I do to get an A on this test?
Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Start doing problems relating to those topics. Keep doing them until you are able to solve any problem at your level easily and confidently.

..or until your run out of time. Whatever comes first.

Here's what I do.

I find my weakest topic and focus on that first because that one will most likely take the most time to conquer. After that, I determine what exactly about that topic is causing me difficultly and find problems that relate to that difficulty. I make an *exact* list of problems. I can usually read a problem and say I don't know how to even start this one. That one goes on the list. So my problem list might look like: 4, 41, 65, etc. After a study session, if I'm still having difficultly solving certain problems then they go on my white board; written out not just "problem #41." From here my subconscious can work on the problem until my next study session. If I'm still having troubles with those problems I'll go to a professor or post a question on here.

After I conquer my most difficult task it's all downhill hill from there. At this point, I usually have a lot of fun studying because it's not "worried studying" anymore and coincidentally the time when I get the most creative ideas about the topics (which then go in the margin of the notebook for later. :cool:) Good luck.

What is a study plan and why is it important?

A study plan is a detailed schedule or plan of action for how a person will approach their studying. It is important because it helps to organize and prioritize studying time, set goals, and track progress.

How do I create a study plan?

To create a study plan, start by identifying your goals and priorities. Then, map out the amount of time you have available to study and break it down into smaller, manageable chunks. Be sure to include breaks and review sessions. Next, create a list of tasks and materials you need to study and assign them to specific time slots. Finally, be flexible and adjust your plan as needed.

When should I start using a study plan?

It's never too late to start using a study plan. However, it's best to start early and develop good study habits. This will help you to be more organized and efficient with your studying.

How often should I review and update my study plan?

It's important to regularly review and update your study plan, especially if your goals or priorities change. This can be done on a weekly or monthly basis. Additionally, you may need to make adjustments as you go along, such as adding or removing tasks or adjusting your schedule.

What are some tips for sticking to a study plan?

Sticking to a study plan can be challenging, but there are a few tips that can help. First, find a study environment that works for you and eliminates distractions. Next, set specific and achievable goals for each study session. Also, don't be too hard on yourself if you miss a session or need to make adjustments to your plan. And remember to take breaks and reward yourself for your hard work.