Turkish Tubitak olympiads problems and solutions by Rafiq Abbasov

In summary: Also, please familiarize how to use LaTeX here. You need two $ instead of one. Also you can use ## for inline equations.I wrote same,bruh
Killua Rafiq
Pdf is below.

Attachments

• Turkish__Tubitak__olimpiad_s_problems_and_solutions.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Likes Lnewqban
Physics news on Phys.org
Your solution to Problem 1 is incorrect. It should be $$\frac{l_1}{l_2}=\frac{\tan\theta-\mu_2}{\tan\theta-\mu_1}.$$

Killua Rafiq said:
Homework Statement:: Hi guys,i want to share with you my project about advanced physics-Physics olimpiads.I find 5 hard problems and solved these.I think it will be useful for students who prepares to olimpiad's and interests in adv physics.Have fun.
Relevant Equations:: $P=\rho gl$,$GM=gR^2$(and etc.)

Pdf is below.

kuruman said:
Your solution to Problem 1 is incorrect. It should be $$\frac{l_1}{l_2}=\frac{\tan\theta-\mu_2}{\tan\theta-\mu_1}.$$

kuruman said:
No.It was test and there wasn't variant you said.I explained this problem.There $\mu_2 > \mu_1$.Try to solve again

$\mu_2 >\mu_1$

I messed up an overall negative sign and the correct solution should be $$\frac{l_1}{l_2}=\frac{\mu_2-\tan\theta}{\tan\theta-\mu_1}.$$You have $$\frac{l_1}{l_2}=\frac{\mu_2\tan\theta}{\tan\theta-\mu_1}.$$Did you omit the sign between ##\mu_2## and ##\tan\theta##?

Also, please familiarize how to use LaTeX here. You need two $ instead of one. Also you can use ## for inline equations.

Likes etotheipi
kuruman said:
I messed up an overall negative sign and the correct solution should be $$\frac{l_1}{l_2}=\frac{\mu_2-\tan\theta}{\tan\theta-\mu_1}.$$You have $$\frac{l_1}{l_2}=\frac{\mu_2\tan\theta}{\tan\theta-\mu_1}.$$Did you omit the sign between ##\mu_2## and ##\tan\theta##?

Also, please familiarize how to use LaTeX here. You need two $ instead of one. Also you can use ## for inline equations.
I wrote same,bruh

Killua Rafiq said:
I wrote same,bruh
The answer should be $$\frac{\mu_2 tan\theta}{tan\theta -\mu_1}$$

You just try to solve again.Definetly you did a mistake and i explained problem in pdf.I think you should read solution again.Good luck

• Wow
Likes etotheipi
@kuruman is correct. The work-energy theorem spits out$$mg(l_1 + l_2)\sin{\theta} - \mu_1 l_1 mg \cos{\theta} - \mu_2 l_2 mg \cos{\theta} = \Delta T = 0$$Divide by ##mg l_1 \cos{\theta}##, and you'll end up with$$\left(1+ \frac{l_2}{l_1} \right) \tan{\theta} = \mu_1 + \mu_2 \frac{l_2}{l_1}$$Then it's a small matter of rearranging for ##l_2/l_1##, $$\frac{l_2}{l_1} = \frac{\mu_1 - \tan{\theta}}{\tan{\theta} - \mu_2}$$

Likes kuruman
Check solution of 7th problem.Totally same that i write.

Attachments

• 1997-Birinci-aşama-sınavı-fizik.pdf
    309.2 KB · Views: 241
I didn't even understand your first equation if it's equation.

Killua Rafiq said:
I wrote same,bruh
@etotheipin @kruman i am so sorry.I forgot just add "-".

Killua Rafiq said:
@etotheipin @kruman i am so sorry.I forgot just add "-".
It's OK. We all make mistakes.

Likes etotheipi
kuruman said:
Killua Rafiq said:
Homework Statement:: Hi guys,i want to share with you my project about advanced physics-Physics olimpiads.I find 5 hard problems and solved these.I think it will be useful for students who prepares to olimpiad's and interests in adv physics.Have fun.
Relevant Equations:: $P=\rho gl$,$GM=gR^2$(and etc.)

Pdf is below.
Edit:The answer must be in first problem :$$\frac{\mu_2-tan\theta}{tan\theta-\mu_1}$$

While I have your attention, check your solution to Problem 5. The process A-B is adiabatic. Near the end of your solution you say that it is a isotherm. That is simply not true. I suggest that you correct this and post a corrected version of the pdf.

Likes etotheipi
kuruman said:
It's OK. We all make mistakes.
kuruman said:
While I have your attention, check your solution to Problem 5. The process A-B is adiabatic. Near the end of your solution you say that it is a isotherm. That is simply not true. I suggest that you correct this and post a corrected version of the pdf.
But in ishoterm "T" is const.I wanted to specify that ishotermal and aidabatic similar except adiabatic prosses gives eneregy only with work.And i am agree with you.I will fix problems

The isothermal and the adiabatic processes are quite different and I would not call them similar. In an isothermal process the temperature does not change and the work done by the gas is equal to the heat that enters the gas. In an adiabatic process, no heat enters the gas and the temperature drops or increases depending on whether the gas is doing positive or negative work. The Carnot cycle is an example of the use of two isotherms and two adiabats to get the highest possible efficiency.

$$E=mc^2$$

Attachments

• Turkish__Tubitak__olimpiad_s_problems_and_solutions (1).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 172
kuruman said:
The isothermal and the adiabatic processes are quite different and I would not call them similar. In an isothermal process the temperature does not change and the work done by the gas is equal to the heat that enters the gas. In an adiabatic process, no heat enters the gas and the temperature drops or increases depending on whether the gas is doing positive or negative work. The Carnot cycle is an example of the use of two isotherms and two adiabats to get the highest possible efficiency.
Agreed Totally.Check it https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/turkish-tubitak-olympiads-problems-with-solutions-by-rafiq-abbasov-fi.992496/

$$E=mc^2$$

Attachments

• Turkish__Tubitak__olimpiad_s_problems_and_solutions (1).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 134
Killua Rafiq said:
Homework Statement:: Again me.All bugs fixed
Relevant Equations:: &&P=\rho gl$$
$$E=mc^2$$
All bugs are not fixed. In the solution to Problem 5 (this version), you claim that in an adiabatic process the temperature does not change. That is not true. It could be true for a solid that does not change its volume when heat is added to it. A gas can expand (or contract) and do positive (or negative) work on the environment. As you know, according to the first law ##\Delta U=Q-W##, where ##W## is the work done by the gas, ##Q## is the heat that enters the gas and ##\Delta U## is the change in internal energy of the gas. In an adiabatic process, ##Q=0## so that ##\Delta U=-W##. This says that if the gas expands adiabatically and does positive work as is the case in Problem 5, the internal energy and hence the temperature must decrease.

Basic stuff like this must be clear in your mind before you attempt Olympiad-level problems.

kuruman said:
All bugs are not fixed. In the solution to Problem 5 (this version), you claim that in an adiabatic process the temperature does not change. That is not true. It could be true for a solid that does not change its volume when heat is added to it. A gas can expand (or contract) and do positive (or negative) work on the environment. As you know, according to the first law ##\Delta U=Q-W##, where ##W## is the work done by the gas, ##Q## is the heat that enters the gas and ##\Delta U## is the change in internal energy of the gas. In an adiabatic process, ##Q=0## so that ##\Delta U=-W##. This says that if the gas expands adiabatically and does positive work as is the case in Problem 5, the internal energy and hence the temperature must decrease.

Basic stuff like this must be clear in your mind before you attempt Olympiad-level problems.
There is no reason to be rude like this.Dude,i remember i wrote T=constant in previous document?. There was ishoterm because of i confused and i was exhausted.So i forgot change this.I know kinda most part adv physics but it was my first article.I will fix this.

• Sad
Likes Motore
Killua Rafiq said:
There is no reason to be rude like this.Dude,remember i wrote T=constant in previous document?. There was ishoterm because of i confused and i was exhausted.So i forgot change this.I know kinda most part adv physics but it was my first article.I will fix this.

Summary:: I fixed all bugs.So you can enjoy now.I will try share with you new one.Have fun

$$E_k=mc^2(\gamma-1)$$

Attachments

• Turkish__Tubitak__olimpiad_s_problems_and_solutions.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 223
Your solution to Problem 5 is still incorrect, specifically your calculation of the work during the adiabatic expansion. There is no enjoyment in saying this repeatedly and, considering your reaction to constructive criticism, I will discontinue posting on this thread. Good luck with your solving challenging problems. Adios.

Likes TSny, berkeman, Vanadium 50 and 2 others
The offered solutions unfortunately had to be corrected a bit too often. We usually discuss questions or certain papers, and do not deliver answers to unasked problems, even less wrong ones.

It also has derailed into its meta level, which is why I deleted this off topic part of the discussion.

This thread is closed.

Likes berkeman, Killua Rafiq and etotheipi

Related to Turkish Tubitak olympiads problems and solutions by Rafiq Abbasov

1. What are the Turkish Tubitak olympiads?

The Turkish Tubitak olympiads are a series of science and mathematics competitions organized by the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (Tubitak) for high school students. These olympiads cover various subjects such as physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, and computer science.

2. Who is Rafiq Abbasov?

Rafiq Abbasov is a renowned mathematician and educator who has written numerous books and articles on mathematics and participated in various international mathematics competitions. He is also known for his contributions to the Turkish Tubitak olympiads, where he has provided problems and solutions for many years.

3. What type of problems can be found in the Turkish Tubitak olympiads?

The problems in the Turkish Tubitak olympiads are usually challenging and require creative thinking and problem-solving skills. They cover a wide range of topics and often involve real-life scenarios and applications of scientific concepts.

4. How can students benefit from studying the problems and solutions by Rafiq Abbasov?

Studying the problems and solutions by Rafiq Abbasov can help students improve their problem-solving skills and gain a deeper understanding of the subjects covered in the Turkish Tubitak olympiads. It can also serve as a valuable resource for students preparing for similar competitions or exams.

5. Are the solutions provided by Rafiq Abbasov the only correct answers to the problems?

No, the solutions provided by Rafiq Abbasov are not the only correct answers to the problems in the Turkish Tubitak olympiads. There may be multiple ways to approach and solve a problem, and students are encouraged to come up with their own solutions. The solutions provided by Rafiq Abbasov are meant to serve as a guide and reference for students.