1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Two-level NAND circuits plus ROM?

1. Mar 14, 2013 #1
    two-level NAND circuits plus ROM??

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Code (Text):
    We have three functions, X, Y, Z of the four variables, A, B, C, D. Note: Each part can be solved without the other:

X(A, B, C, D)= m(0,2,6,7,10,13,14,15)
    Y(A, B, C, D) = m(2, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15)
    Z(A, B, C, D) = m(0, 6, 8, 10, 13, 14, 15)

a. Implement with a two-level NAND gate circuit. This can be done using only prime implicants of the individual functions with 13 gates. With sharing, it can be done with 10 gates. Assume that all variables are available both complemented and uncomplemented.

b. Implement these functions using a ROM.

c. Implement this with 2 three-input (plus active low enable) decoders as shown here, plus a minimum number of AND, OR, and NOT gates.

T.T

solved the equations. (SOP)
    X = A' B' D' + C D' + A B D + B C
    Y = A C' D' + A B D + A' B C + B' C D' or
    Z = B' C' D' + A B D + B C D' + A B' D'

what to do with this.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2013 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Assuming these are correct, I guess you now implement X using 2-input NAND gates and signals A,B,C and D. (I think it means you also have A', B', etc. available and don't need to waste a gate to generate these yourself.) You'll first replace the ORs with NANDs.

I can't help with b or c.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted