U Value of Glass - Get the Facts Here

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Joellll
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Glass Value
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 14K views
Joellll
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
hey guys just a quick question
Does anyone know the u value of jusy normal glass?
Ive looked everywhere and I've got different answers on source says 5.4 and another says something like 1.08, 5.5 seems pretty high but i think id better find out for sure thanks for any reply's:)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What is a U-value?
 
U value is the inverse of R value which is a measurment of how well a material insulates
 
For a single pane window with plain, ordinary 1/4" glass, I use a u-value of around 1. Here's a table I just googled: http://www.calglassbending.com/secptabl.htm
 
Last edited by a moderator: