UCLA MS in Engineering (Online)

In summary, the application process for UCLA's MS in Engineering (Online) program requires an online application, official transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and a resume. The program can be completed in 2-3 years, depending on the engineering field and whether the student is attending full-time or part-time. It is accredited by ABET and allows students to work while completing their degree, but time management is crucial for academic success. Graduates have a variety of career opportunities in industries such as aerospace, biotechnology, energy, and telecommunications, and can also pursue research, consulting, or PhD programs.
Cod
Does anyone have any experience / thoughts with UCLA's MSOL program? From my readings, it seems like a pretty good option for individuals without an undergraduate degree in engineering (CS and Math in my case).

Here's the link: http://msengrol.seas.ucla.edu/

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
What attracts you to the online experience?
I'm in the military, so its really the only option at this point in my life. UCLA in particular because I earned my BS in Computer Science online and the curriculum did not includ physics (biology was only science offered to meet requirements).

1. What is the application process for UCLA's MS in Engineering (Online) program?

The application process for UCLA's MS in Engineering (Online) program involves submitting an online application, official transcripts, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and a resume. Some programs may also require GRE scores. Once all materials are submitted, applicants may be invited for an interview before a final decision is made.

2. How long does it take to complete the UCLA MS in Engineering (Online) program?

The length of the program varies depending on the specific engineering field and whether a student is attending full-time or part-time. On average, the program takes 2-3 years to complete.

3. Is the UCLA MS in Engineering (Online) program accredited?

Yes, the program is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), ensuring that it meets high standards of quality and rigor in engineering education.

4. Can I work while completing the UCLA MS in Engineering (Online) program?

Yes, the online format of the program allows students to continue working while pursuing their degree. However, it is important to carefully manage time and prioritize coursework to ensure academic success.

5. What career opportunities are available to graduates of the UCLA MS in Engineering (Online) program?

Graduates of the program have a wide range of career opportunities in various industries, including aerospace, biotechnology, energy, and telecommunications. They may also pursue research and development positions, consulting roles, or continue their education with a PhD program.