Undergraduate programs in Canada

In summary, an Indian student is seeking guidance for studying in Canadian universities due to intense competition for good engineering colleges. They are expecting a score of 80-90% in class 12th and are interested in mechanical/computer/electrical engineering with a good academic record. They can afford a maximum tuition fee of 13,000 USD per year and are wondering what universities to apply to, if they can expect scholarships with their score, and what the deadlines and processes are. A helpful resource for starting their search is the Maclean's University Guide 2019, which provides rankings and information on universities in Canada. However, the student notes that the guide may not be entirely accurate, as it lists McGill as one of the most affordable
Krushnaraj Pandya
Gold Member
Good day everyone, I'm an Indian student about to pass out from high school- The competition here is intense for the few truly good engineering colleges here so I'm looking for some guidance to studying in Canadian universities. I'd really appreciate your help- Thank you.

a) I am expecting a decent score of 80-90% in class 12th
b) I am interested in bachelors in mechanical/computer/electrical engineering
c) I've a good academic record.
d) I'm not very well off financially and can afford 13,000 USD tuition fees per year- maximum.

What universities should I apply to? Can I expect scholarships with my score? What are usually the deadlines and processes I need to complete?

Physics news on Phys.org

What are the requirements for undergraduate programs in Canada?

The specific requirements for undergraduate programs in Canada vary depending on the university and program. Generally, students must have a high school diploma or equivalent, meet the minimum grade requirements, and may be required to submit standardized test scores such as the SAT or ACT. International students may also need to demonstrate English language proficiency through tests like the TOEFL or IELTS.

How long do undergraduate programs in Canada typically last?

Undergraduate programs in Canada typically last for 4 years, although some programs such as engineering or architecture may take longer. Students may also have the option to complete their degree in a shorter amount of time by taking summer courses or enrolling in an accelerated program.

What is the cost of undergraduate programs in Canada?

The cost of undergraduate programs in Canada varies depending on the university, program, and whether the student is a domestic or international student. On average, international students can expect to pay around $20,000-$30,000 CAD per year, while domestic students may pay less. It is important to research and compare the costs of different universities and programs to find the best fit for your budget.

Do Canadian undergraduate programs offer scholarships or financial aid?

Yes, many Canadian universities offer scholarships and financial aid for undergraduate students. These can be merit-based, need-based, or a combination of both. It is important to research and apply for these opportunities early, as they may have specific deadlines and requirements.

What is the application process for undergraduate programs in Canada?

The application process for undergraduate programs in Canada typically involves submitting an online application, academic transcripts, standardized test scores (if required), and any additional documents or essays requested by the university. International students may also need to submit proof of English language proficiency and a study permit. It is important to carefully review the application requirements and deadlines for each university you are interested in applying to.