• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Other Undergraduate research or thesis topics in electrical power

• Thread starter K Murty
  • Start date
Hi
I am an electrical engineering student, would like to do research and or a thesis in electrical power engineering.
However, because our university does not offer any courses on this topic, I am left alone to peruse the books and literature and find some topic of interest.

do not know if this is possible at the undergraduate level, however would like to push myself and gain some experience.

Interested in the:
1. Network analysis of power generation networks.
2. Economics of electrical power generation and grids.
3. Circuits
4. Electrical machines..
5. Powerplants.

My background is that I have a fairly good knowledge of the fundamentals of EE (circuits.basic electromagnetism and mathematics behind) and some knowledge of power electronics (little). very interested in this topic.
Any help or advice appreciated.

berkeman

Mentor
I would suggest that you might want to read up and explore the current state of the art in railgun technology. This is fascinating stuff for many of us. I used to work in this area, but I am years out of date now.