Understanding and Connecting CO2 Canisters to Piping for Scientists

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Engineer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Building Launcher
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
The Engineer
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm having problems trying to figure out how CO2 canisters work. I've never actually used them before so how would you connect a CO2 canister to a piece of piping. What I have trouble understanding is how you would open the CO2 cartridge and connect it to the pipe. Would it be by puncturing the canister after the connection has been made (somehow) or do you open the canister beforehand and then quickly insert it to the pipe?

Also I how much psi would there be if I had an 8g or 12g CO2 canister? I know it depends on the volume of the container, but whenever I try to look at the specifications of the item, I can't find pressure.

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
the engineer
CO2 model airplane engines carry a TANK connected by
pipe to the engine
they use a filler tool that punctures the CO2 cartridge
and fills tank
good for running 20-30 seconds

happy holidays!