Understanding Entropy and Hawking Radiation in Black Holes

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Stephanus
Messages
1,316
Reaction score
104
Dear PF Forum,
I'm trying to make sense about Hawking radiation in Black Hole. And that leads me into entropy.
I read this equation in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy
Entropy.JPG

What does that mean?
S is the change of Entropy
What does Qrev mean there?
Is it in Calorie? then Joule?
T, I think is in Kelvin.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Q_rev is the heating change for a reversible process. Googling "units of entropy" returns J/K, so I'm going to say it's in Joules. T, being the absolute temperature, has to be in kelvin.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephanus
BiGyElLoWhAt said:
Q_rev is the heating change for a reversible process. Googling "units of entropy" returns J/K, so I'm going to say it's in Joules. T, being the absolute temperature, has to be in kelvin.
Joule per temperature, ...? Ok, I'll try to imagine it. Thanks.