UW 1st Year Course Notes and Problem Assingments + Solutions

In summary, these notes are very helpful for anyone looking for extra material. The instructors are okay with you sending them out to interested students, and there are no copyright issues. Keep up the good work! Thanks.
cscott
I thought that these courses notes and problem assingments (midterm also) might be useful for anyone looking for extra material. I'm still a first-year student so I'm getting these as we go, and I'll update this post when we cover new material.

Lecture Set 0: Introduction To Physics
Lecture Set 1: Dimensional Analysis
Lecture Set 2: Kinematics of Motion in One Dimension
Lecture Set 3: Vectors
Lecture Set 4: Motion in Two Dimensions
Lecture Set 5: Newton's Laws
Lecture Set 6: More Applications of Newtons Laws
Lecture Set 7: Energy and Energy Transfer
Lecture Set X: Introduction To Special Relativity

EDIT: Apparently 47 MB is too big to upload:tongue2:

If you really want them PM me.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
http://rapidshare.com/files/21051002/Physics.zip.html

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, btw it's around 80MB

You're right light_bulb, they are closer to 80 MB now.

Please use the link in my second post instead of PMing me. I no longer have my personal web hosting link to give you.

If you have any troubles feel free to PM, though.

wow, I am also going to uw(this september for ECE)!

thnx. a lot!

Thanks u r the best

thanks! keep us updated, I'm subscribing.

cscott said:
I thought that these courses notes and problem assingments (midterm also) might be useful for anyone looking for extra material. I'm still a first-year student so I'm getting these as we go, and I'll update this post when we cover new material.

Lecture Set 0: Introduction To Physics
Lecture Set 1: Dimensional Analysis
Lecture Set 2: Kinematics of Motion in One Dimension
Lecture Set 3: Vectors
Lecture Set 4: Motion in Two Dimensions
Lecture Set 5: Newton's Laws
Lecture Set 6: More Applications of Newtons Laws
Lecture Set 7: Energy and Energy Transfer
Lecture Set X: Introduction To Special Relativity

EDIT: Apparently 47 MB is too big to upload:tongue2:

If you really want them PM me.

Can you please comment on the sources for these materials, any copyright issues, and whether the instructors are okay with you sending them out to interested students? We need to be sure that this meets the PF guidelines. Thanks.

Great Work

Your notes are very helpful!

Roy :cool:

1. What is the purpose of UW 1st Year Course Notes and Problem Assignments + Solutions?

The purpose of these materials is to provide students with a comprehensive and organized set of notes and problem assignments for their first year courses at the University of Washington. These resources can help students better understand the course material, practice solving problems, and prepare for exams.

2. Are these materials only for first-year students at UW?

Yes, these materials are specifically designed for first-year students at the University of Washington. They cover introductory courses in various subjects such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, and computer science.

3. Who creates these materials?

These materials are created by a team of experienced instructors and graduate students at the University of Washington. They have expertise in the subject areas and are familiar with the course curriculum, ensuring the accuracy and relevance of the materials.

4. Can these materials be used as a substitute for attending lectures?

No, these materials should not be used as a substitute for attending lectures. They are meant to supplement class lectures and provide additional practice and resources for students. It is important for students to attend lectures to fully understand the course material and participate in class discussions.

5. How can I access these materials?

These materials are typically provided to students through their course website or learning management system. They may also be available in printed form at the university bookstore or through the course instructor. Some materials may also be available online through open educational resources.