Valve that allows the flow of liquid but prevent air escaping

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a valve that allows liquid to flow while preventing air from escaping a sealed container. The possibility of using active elements, such as a sensor or automatic drain valve, is also mentioned. It is suggested that a 1-way valve would be suitable for this purpose.
marokay
Hello,
I do not really know if this is the right place to post this message ... if it's not then I'm sorry
I am looking for a valve that allows the flow of liquid but prevent air escaping out form let's say a sealed container ...
Is there such a thing?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Liquid and air in the same direction, at the same pressure?
Can you use some active elements?

The water is in a tank and I want them to flow through a pipe at the bottom of the tank (by the force of gravity)
Now I do not want that air will enters the tank back form the pipe while the pipe is open (in the pipe can be pressurised air)
What do you mean by active elements ?

So you just need a 1-way valve? Those exist.

Active elements would be something like a sensor to detect water and open the valve based on that sensor.

Automatic drain valves are available that mount below a compressed air reservoir. They have a float supporting a needle valve.
When water builds up in the lower float chamber, the needle valve at the bottom lifts and the water is vented by air pressure.

1. What is a valve?

A valve is a mechanical device that controls the flow of liquids or gases by opening, closing, or partially obstructing various passageways.

2. How does a valve work?

A valve typically consists of a movable element (such as a disc or ball) and a stationary element (such as a seat or body). When the valve is open, the movable element allows fluid to flow through the passageway. When the valve is closed, the movable element blocks the passageway, stopping the flow of fluid.

3. What is the purpose of a valve?

The main purpose of a valve is to control the flow of fluid in a system. It can be used to start, stop, or regulate the flow, and can also be used to prevent backflow or overpressure.

4. What is a "check valve"?

A check valve, also known as a non-return valve, is a type of valve that allows fluid to flow in one direction but prevents it from flowing in the opposite direction. This is useful for preventing backflow and maintaining pressure in a system.

5. How is a valve that allows flow of liquid but prevents air escaping useful?

This type of valve, also known as a one-way valve or air admittance valve, is commonly used in plumbing systems to prevent sewer gases from entering a building while still allowing wastewater to flow out. It can also be used in fuel systems to prevent air from entering the system while still allowing fuel to flow through.