Vector Problem | Need Help with Problems 3 and 4? Get Expert Assistance Here!

• Thread starter thedudescousin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Vector
In summary, a vector problem involves finding the direction and magnitude of an object's movement or force, represented by mathematical quantities known as vectors. A scalar is a single quantity that is described by a magnitude, such as speed or temperature, while a vector has both magnitude and direction, such as velocity or force. To solve a vector problem, you need to break down the vectors into their components, use trigonometry to find the angle and magnitude of each component, and then combine them to find the resultant vector. An example of a vector problem could be finding the displacement of a car that travels 50 miles east and then 30 miles north. Finally, vectors are used in science because they allow for more accurate representation and analysis of quantities with
thedudescousin
Attached is the problem I need help on. I have done 1 and 2 but I am not sure how to do 3 and 4. Any help will be appreciated.

This is what I have so far, are the answers correct?

Attachments

• Curve+Balls+Lab+F+07.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 471
  • answer to lab.doc
    24 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
While we are all awaiting for the attachment to be approved, you should show some attempt toward solving 3 and 4.

i just attaced them

1. What is a vector problem?

A vector problem involves finding the direction and magnitude of an object's movement or force, represented by mathematical quantities known as vectors.

2. Can you explain the difference between a scalar and a vector?

A scalar is a single quantity that is described by a magnitude, such as speed or temperature. A vector has both magnitude and direction, such as velocity or force.

3. How do I solve vector problems?

To solve a vector problem, you need to break down the vectors into their components, use trigonometry to find the angle and magnitude of each component, and then combine them to find the resultant vector.

4. Can you provide an example of a vector problem?

Sure, an example of a vector problem could be finding the displacement of a car that travels 50 miles east and then 30 miles north. The displacement can be found by using the Pythagorean theorem to find the magnitude of the resultant vector and then using trigonometry to find the angle.

5. Why do we use vectors in science?

Vectors are used in science because they allow us to more accurately represent and analyze quantities that have both magnitude and direction. This is particularly useful in fields such as physics and engineering.