Velocity of a particle when acceleration based on displacement

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
ivanallen
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


[PLAIN]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5817/problem001.jpg

Homework Equations


Chain rule : dv/dt=dv/dr*dr/dt
Integration

The Attempt at a Solution


I can only find the speed (the magnitude of the velocity), that is
[PLAIN]http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4996/95620213.jpg

I have no idea how to consider its direction. :frown:
Does it involve vector integration or higher mathematic knowledge?
Help me, please, I'm dying to know the answer, thank you. :!)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Problem is I can't find the direction of the velocity of this paricle, the only thing I can find is its magnitude.
In the question above, it asks for the velocity, so only magnitude is not enough.
Please show me how to find its direction. Thanks.
 
You have a vector equation, one equation for each component, x, y, z. ehild
 
Last edited: