Vertical velocity of a soccer ball

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
ahrog
Messages
45
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A force of 17.0 N is applied to a 0.34 kg soccer ball for 0.090s, causing it to move off at 28 degrees above the horizontal. Determine the vertical velocity of the soccer ball at the end of the 0.090 second time interval.


Homework Equations


y= vyt + 1/2gt2
vyf= vy + gt
vf= vi + at

The Attempt at a Solution


I don't really understand how to do this. How should I go about doing this? I'm thinking that maybe I have to find the acceleration of the ball, then find the velocity, but I'm not really sure how I should go about doing that.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You're missing change in momentum that comes from the impulse of the kick delivered.