Very simple superposition circuit

In summary, the conversation is about determining the current I in a circuit with two sources. The first source is removed and the current is calculated for the remaining circuit. The total resistance is found to be 150ohm and the current through the resistor is calculated to be 33.5mA. The same process is repeated for the other source, giving a current of 16.5mA. The final conclusion is that the current I should be 50mA.
James889
Hi,

I have didn't have an answer to this, so i need someone to tell me whether my work is correct or not.

This is the circuit:
[PLAIN]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4081/circuit1.png

I need to determine the current I.

Remove the first source and calculate the current provided by the other.
[PLAIN]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1665/circuit11.png

The total resistance is 150ohm [tex]100 + \frac{100 \cdot 100}{100+100}[/tex]

I = 10/150 ~0.067A

And the current through the resistor is:

[tex] \frac{100}{200} \cdot 0.067 = 33,5mA[/tex]

Do the same with the other source
[PLAIN]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9727/circuit12.png

I = 5/150 ~0.033A
[tex] \frac{100}{200} \cdot 0.033 = 16,5mA[/tex]

So the current I should be 50mA

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
yes correct

What is a very simple superposition circuit?

A very simple superposition circuit is a type of electronic circuit that uses the principle of superposition to analyze and solve complex circuits. It involves breaking down a complex circuit into simpler parts and then combining the individual solutions to find the overall solution.

What is the principle of superposition?

The principle of superposition states that the overall response of a linear system is the sum of the responses of each individual input. In the context of a superposition circuit, this means that the voltage or current at any point in the circuit is equal to the sum of the voltages or currents from each individual source.

What are the advantages of using a very simple superposition circuit?

One of the main advantages of using a very simple superposition circuit is that it allows for the analysis and design of complex circuits without having to solve extensive equations. It also provides a visual representation of the circuit, making it easier to understand and troubleshoot.

What are the limitations of a very simple superposition circuit?

One limitation of a very simple superposition circuit is that it can only be used for linear circuits, meaning that the components in the circuit must follow Ohm's law. Additionally, it cannot account for non-linear effects such as saturation or hysteresis.

How is a very simple superposition circuit used in real-world applications?

A very simple superposition circuit is commonly used in electronic devices such as amplifiers, filters, and sensors. It is also used in communication systems, power systems, and control systems for analyzing and designing circuits. Additionally, it is a fundamental concept in the field of circuit analysis and is used extensively in the design and troubleshooting of electronic circuits.