Very very very short question circuit analysis please?

In summary: So the potential at the first node (blue wire), the second node (red wire), and the third node (green wire) are all 12 V and 14 V, respectively. That's a confusing statement. Are the lines wires, with the resistances represented by the circled potential changes? Or are there hidden potential changes in the lines along the path from A to B?Sorry.Yes, the lines are wires with the resistances represented by the potential changes.
Questions999
I am solving a VERY complicated exercise and I have this part that I don't understand.The image posted is a very big simplification of a part of the exercise.I have to find the potential between A and B.My question : Are the 15 Volt and the 13 Volt in the picture involved in the calculation?
I know I have to calculate the potential using Kirch.law btw.

Attachments

• gfddf.JPG
    gfddf.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 389
Physics news on Phys.org
Elaia06 said:
I am solving a VERY complicated exercise and I have this part that I don't understand.The image posted is a very big simplification of a part of the exercise.I have to find the potential between A and B.My question : Are the 15 Volt and the 13 Volt in the picture involved in the calculation?
I know I have to calculate the potential using Kirch.law btw.

Do the lines represent wires only? If so, the 13V and 15V sources have no effect on the KVL sum from A to B.

The lines represent wires and they have resistances in it.

Elaia06 said:
Are the 15 Volt and the 13 Volt in the picture involved in the calculation?

Not if one end is open circuit. Are they really open circuit?

Elaia06 said:
The lines represent wires and they have resistances in it.

That's a confusing statement. Are the lines wires, with the resistances represented by the circled potential changes? Or are there hidden potential changes in the lines along the path from A to B?

Sorry.13 V is also resistance,15 V is only wire.

Elaia06 said:
Sorry.13 V is also resistance,15 V is only wire.

How can a wire be 15 V? Do you mean it is a wire that is at a 15 V potential, or leads to a 15 V source? Something like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=57802&stc=1&d=1365775770.gif

Attachments

• Fig1.gif
    Fig1.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 486
Wire that has a 15 V potential.The image is very right!

Elaia06 said:
Wire that has a 15 V potential.The image is very right!

Okay. Then consider that a single node can only be at a single potential; there is no potential difference between any points connected by a contiguous wire. In this case, the blue wires in the figure represent one node. The only potential changes that occur along the path from A to B are those due to the 12 V and 14 V drops.

1. How do I analyze a very short circuit?

To analyze a very short circuit, you would use the principles of circuit analysis, such as Ohm's Law and Kirchhoff's Laws. You would also need to know the values of the components in the circuit, such as resistors, capacitors, and inductors, to calculate the voltage, current, and power at different points in the circuit.

2. What is a very short circuit?

A very short circuit is a type of electrical circuit where there is little or no resistance, resulting in a large current flow. This can be caused by a direct connection between two points in a circuit or a faulty component that has very low resistance.

3. Why is analyzing a very short circuit important?

Analyzing a very short circuit is important because it can help identify potential hazards, such as overheating and damage to components, and prevent accidents or malfunctions. It can also help in troubleshooting and repairing faulty circuits.

4. What are the common causes of a very short circuit?

A very short circuit can be caused by a variety of factors, including faulty wiring, damaged components, or incorrect circuit design. It can also occur due to external factors such as moisture or debris coming into contact with the circuit.

5. How can I prevent a very short circuit?

To prevent a very short circuit, it is important to follow proper wiring and circuit design practices, use high-quality components, and regularly inspect and maintain electrical systems. It is also important to avoid exposing circuits to moisture or other environmental factors that can cause damage or corrosion.