Vintage HP calculators are still popular

  • Topic: Calculators 
  • Thread starter Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculators
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
Messages
16,110
Reaction score
8,517
I've been using an HP 11C for over twenty years. I bought it sometime after I started teaching here (1985) and before HP discontinued the 11C (1989). I now use TI's at work so as to be compatible with my students, but I still use the 11C almost daily at home.

I just looked on eBay and found a nearly-completed auction for an 11C with a high bid of just over $100. That's about what I paid last week for an HP 50g (the current top of the line) on clearance at Best Buy! Also, there are a couple of 15C's (similar to the 11C but can also do matrices and complex numbers) about to go for over $200.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I found a HP 11C in my cousin's garage and took it. But now I can't find it!
 
I have a Canon TP-8, it's circa 70s or 80s, and it still prints. Doesn't seem to be worth much though.