What's the Payoff for All This Waiting?

• Thread starter strangerep
  • Start date
In summary, the arXiv has an announcement for confirmation of the string landscape at 1st of April, which includes an anti-inflation effect for planet earth. There is also a highly confidential experiment in eastern Siberia, which detected similar gasses much earlier. President Putin has pursued compensation for lost territory.
strangerep
Science Advisor
Wait for it... WAIT for it! ...

Well? I told you to wait for it! :devil:

(I'm sure it's still coming...)

:uhh:

Physics news on Phys.org
Huh? What do you mean?

We have an announcement for confirmation of the string landscape...

1st of April...

And yes, Virginia, there IS a Multiverse :biggrin:

Today there will also be an announcement that the BICEP2 experiment include an anti-inflation effect for planet earth. Slowly but surely (!) the Earth is deflating with a gas identified as dark matter. You can see the daily effect of this deflation at every crossroad where the asphalt is curling, as if the roads are pushing each other. This is caused by an decreasing Earth radius. The gas is, by the way, most probably also responsible for global warming and the general decline in republican votes. There is also a highly confidential experiment in eastern Siberia, which detected similar gasses much earlier. This inspired President Putin to pursue compensation for lost territory.

berlin

MTd2 said:
Huh? What do you mean?
No sense of humor, huh? :tongue:

Oh well, at least a few other posters guessed.

But actually, I am quite disappointed! Usually some "special" articles appear on the arXiv at this "special" time of year, which "special" people think are very important and read them avidly.

But,... oh dear,... I didn't notice any this year, at least not in the sections I follow. Or maybe I've just grown a little more "special" in the last 12 months, and now I can't see them (sigh). Oh wait! Demystifier noticed it, but I didn't -- because it was on the wrong day. OK, I feel a bit better now.

Anyway, Peter Woit didn't disappoint me. Neither did Jester.

Hosse was a lot less obvious about it -- or maybe I'm now too "special" for her blog. :frown:

:biggrin:

Edit: Oh! Where are my manners?? I overlooked this.

Last edited:
strangerep said:
Wait for it... WAIT for it! ...

Well? I told you to wait for it! :devil:

(I'm sure it's still coming...)

:uhh:
With a thread title like that, what do you expect?

(...and can we expect a similar thread next year... at about this same time?)(!

What does "Wait for it WAIT for it" mean?

The phrase "Wait for it WAIT for it" is often used to express anticipation or suspense. It suggests that something exciting or unexpected is about to happen and the listener should be patient and prepared for it.

Where did the phrase "Wait for it WAIT for it" originate from?

The phrase "Wait for it WAIT for it" is believed to have originated from the theater. It is a stage direction used by playwrights to create suspense and build up to a climax in a performance.

What are some alternative phrases to "Wait for it WAIT for it"?

Some alternative phrases to "Wait for it WAIT for it" include "anticipation mounting," "suspense building," "hold your breath," and "stay tuned."

How can I use "Wait for it WAIT for it" in my everyday life?

"Wait for it WAIT for it" can be used in everyday conversations to express excitement or anticipation for something that is about to happen. It can also be used to add humor or dramatic effect to a story or statement.

Is there a correct way to say "Wait for it WAIT for it"?

There is no one correct way to say "Wait for it WAIT for it." It can be said in various tones and speeds, depending on the context and intention. It can also be written with different punctuation, such as an ellipsis or exclamation marks, to convey different levels of anticipation and suspense.