Warcraft III and Ground Control II

In summary, the conversation discusses the games Warcraft III and Ground Control II. The speakers have mixed opinions about Warcraft III, with some enjoying it and others finding it unoriginal. They also mention the expansion, The Frozen Throne, and the need to constantly adapt to gameplay changes. Grog is brought up as a reference to an adventure game called Monkey Island. One speaker mentions being a level 24 player with a record of 80-3. Another speaker mentions the game Command & Conquer Generals as being more flexible.
Saint
Who play these games?
Good or not?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Me,
Good!

I can't speak for Ground Control II, but I played Warcraft III a lot, beta tested the expansion, and played the retail version of The Frozen Throne for a while.

It's definitely a good game. However, because the game is in a constant state of flux as new patches come out and various gameplay mechanics are continuously adjusted, you need to devote a lot of time to keep on top of the correct strategies and counter-strategies, and to stand a chance in online play.

Although I liked warcraft III, its nothing new. Its what is known as a "polished turd". There isn't one new thing in wcIII that isn't in some other game. As far as ground control II is concerned, I've played the original and enjoyed it very much although it did get a little tedious after a while.

Warcraft III.. havnt tried it yet. Seen it, but haven't played it. I do however remember playing Warcraft II a loong time ago.

I played warcraft when it first came out but never appealed to me. I'm more of an Adventure gamer.

Arrr...Where's my Grog?

What is grog ?
May i ask ?

Grog is the drink of choice for Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate, from the adventure game series Monkey Island. LucasArts was the developer of this game.

i play wc tft...i was lvl 24 on patch 1.14, i now have an 80-3 record...i'll be happy to game with any of you..

"80-3"
you play that game way too much decibel :surprise:

this week i will get the Frozen Throne expansion :shy:

Saint said:
Who play these games?
Good or not?

I played Warcraft III, definitely good for a day or two...
by the way, what do you think of Command & Conquer Generals? i think its more flexble, isn't it?

1. What is the gameplay like in Warcraft III and Ground Control II?

The gameplay in Warcraft III is a real-time strategy game where players control armies and build bases to defeat their opponents. Ground Control II is also a real-time strategy game, but it focuses more on tactical combat and resource management than base building.

2. How do the graphics compare between Warcraft III and Ground Control II?

Warcraft III was released in 2002 and has more stylized, cartoon-like graphics. Ground Control II was released in 2004 and has more realistic graphics, including detailed environments and units.

3. Can players customize their units in Warcraft III and Ground Control II?

In Warcraft III, players can customize their units through upgrades and items, but their appearance remains the same. In Ground Control II, players can fully customize their units' appearance and loadouts for different missions.

4. Are there any differences in the single player campaigns between Warcraft III and Ground Control II?

Both games have single player campaigns, but the focus is different. Warcraft III has a more story-driven campaign with hero characters, while Ground Control II has a more open-ended campaign with multiple paths and outcomes.

5. Can players play against each other in multiplayer mode in Warcraft III and Ground Control II?

Yes, both games have multiplayer modes where players can compete against each other online or in LAN matches. Warcraft III also has a popular competitive scene with tournaments and rankings.