1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Water bath with controlled temperature

1. Mar 16, 2010 #1
    Hi,

I want to conduct an experiment where I want to maintain water temperature at a particular value. Its an experiment for a project and I have to do it at home. Is there any ideas of how I can keep the temperature constant(may be for 45 min). I have to do the experiment at temperatures above room temperature and I have to figure out how to do it. I also dont want to increase the amount of water (like mixing in more hot water, if temperature drops) Any ideas, please help. Thanks in advance. I would be doing the experiment with 1000 ml of water.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2010 #2

turbo

Gold Member

That's not too much water, so an aquarium heater might work for you, assuming you don't need the water too hot.

4. Mar 17, 2010 #3
    How tight a limit do you have on the temperature? How accurate is the thermometer that you are going to measure the temperature with?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook