1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ways to solve mesh system equations

1. Oct 4, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I am going to have my circuit mid-term very soon, and I always used wolfram alpha to solve my mesh system of equations. I am just wondering if there is an easiest accurate way to solve for systems of equations from mesh and nodal analysis. For example, my classmate suggested using matrix to solve for systems of equations.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2014 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It depends on how many unknowns you have to solve for. If it's two or three unknowns, manual matrix methods work OK. If it's more than three unknowns, then hand calculations are too time-consuming and error-prone.

IMO, it's also not a good idea to only let your computer solve your equations for you, no matter how simple they might be. You can't stay sharp mentally if you always are using a crutch like that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted