1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Weird question: IB Physics EE ideas

1. Aug 16, 2016 #1
    Hi guys,
    I am currently doing HL IB Physics and i chose to do my Extended Essay on physics as well but i am having trouble to figure out my topic and what my question can be. I was thinking of something around the area of stability in structures or renewable energy. But i have no idea what exactly. Do you have any ideas in order to help me please. I would really appreciate if you could share your ideas with me.
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Renewable energy is being written about a lot, so I would tend to think more about the "stability of structures" subject. Certainly there has been a lot of work done on the physical stability of large buildings, but I haven't seen much work yet on how to protect homes and small businesses from tornadoes, hurricanes and floods. I think you could write a very good paper about that subject, if you did enough research and work. :smile:

4. Aug 17, 2016 #3
    I have looked into stability of structures but i can't think of any experiments that would provide me with enough sufficient data and wouldn't be too difficult and complicated to perform. Do you have any ideas about what experiment i could do? :D

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted