• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Astronomy Physics Extended Essay

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi,
I was told today that I will be starting my EE (an EE stands for Extended Essay, where we have to write 4000 words research paper where you analyse data, do experiments etc... for a particular topic of your choice)

One of my main areas of interest in physics is astronomy and I would like to base my EE on an astronomy based question. I am open to make it on any kind of astronomy question but right now I have no idea what kind of questions I should write, or what sources I should use.

If you could help me with some questions and sources I would really appreciate it

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

jtbell
Mentor
It would help us if we knew what level of school this is for. As a wild guess, is this for the International Baccalaureate (high-school level)? If so, according to Wikipedia,
The supervisor provides the student with assistance in putting together their EE, including guiding them in finding a suitable research question and on how to acquire the necessary resources to complete the research
Do you have a supervisor yet?

It would help us if we knew what level of school this is for. As a wild guess, is this for the International Baccalaureate (high-school level)? If so, according to Wikipedia,

Do you have a supervisor yet?
I do have a supervisor yes, but I am confused about what kind of question I should be asking and also if astronomy is a good choice for my EE