Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are classons and weakons particles?

1. Mar 5, 2013 #1
    Can someone explain to me what those particles are?

I know they are bosons, meaning they do not obey Pauli exclusionary principle and have integer spin.
    I'm guessing weakons are particles of weak nuclear force including z and w bosons.
    But information on classons is very limited on internet.

If someone could define classon, explain, and provide examples that would be much appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2013 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Where did you find those names?

According to some dictionary, classons are "Massless bosons which are quanta of the two classical fields, gravitational and electromagnetic.". In other words, hypothetical particles in some attempt to quantify gravity. On the other hand, most google hits are dictionaries with copies of that or a very similar explanation...

Weakons seem to be W and Z bosons, I agree (reference).

4. Mar 5, 2013 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

These terms, however, are virtually unused. Maybe they were used in the past, but not now.

5. Mar 10, 2013 #4
    I got those names from my Webster's dictionary while looking up fermions and bosons. It just surprised me the fact that I never heard of those names.
    Thanks for the clarification of classons.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook