What are some of the physics aspects of a car.

  • Thread starter Thread starter lauralovesyou
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Car Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
lauralovesyou
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Okay, so I know that the question sounds odd. But it's basically asking what applications of physics can be used when it comes to a car. Some examples I know are that braking causes friction and the gas pedal causes an applied force. What are some other applications? Mainly in dynamics?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
lauralovesyou said:
Okay, so I know that the question sounds odd. But it's basically asking what applications of physics can be used when it comes to a car. Some examples I know are that braking causes friction and the gas pedal causes an applied force. What are some other applications? Mainly in dynamics?

What does the suspension do (several things, actually)?

Why are cars shaped the way they are?

There's a cool thread someplace here on the PF (maybe in ME) about car tuning and performance. I'll see if I can find it...