What are some recipes for avocado and lime soup?
- Thread starter ZapperZ
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Evo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
303 replies · 32K views
Physics news on Phys.org
GeorginaS
- 236
- 1
Moonbear said:Okay, it's now tomorrow. Get thee to thine doctor!
I can't believe you ate a salad! When they say soft food, think Jell-o, pudding, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes. If it requires chewing or is high in fiber, STAY AWAY! Now get to the doctor before the only food you're able to eat will be injected via I.V. line.
And tell Evo Child to stop playing with kittens and get over there to watch out for you.
What Moonbear said.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Ok, I have a Dr's appointment this afternoon. My doctor was full so I'm seeing Dr Gore.
This sounds ominous.
Ok, how does this sound, a Hardees angus Thickburger on sourdough bread with beef broth, run through the blender.
Ok, how does this sound, a Hardees angus Thickburger on sourdough bread with beef broth, run through the blender.
rewebster
- 883
- 2
Evo said:Ok, I have a Dr's appointment this afternoon. My doctor was full so I'm seeing Dr Gore.This sounds ominous.
Ok, how does this sound, a Hardees angus Thickburger on sourdough bread with beef broth, run through the blender.
don't forget to add in the cottage cheese and the jello
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Evo said:Ok, I have a Dr's appointment this afternoon. My doctor was full so I'm seeing Dr Gore.This sounds ominous.
Ok, how does this sound, a Hardees angus Thickburger on sourdough bread with beef broth, run through the blender.
Only if you're just planning on sniffing it.
Just to be careful, I've relocated the sisterhood's chocolate stash to a new, undisclosed location (I just hope Cheney isn't eating it all when I'm not looking). You're not being told where it is or given a key until you have a clean bill of health and doctor's note telling us you are allowed to eat solid foods again.
Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
I just called her cell and she didn't answer. So I left a message telling her she'd better be at her Dr.s office or she's in REALLY DEEP doodoo. 
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
I just got home from the doctor, Tsu you called while I was there.
I am on a Z-Pak, so I should be better in a day or two. They tested for strep and it was negative.
I am on a Z-Pak, so I should be better in a day or two. They tested for strep and it was negative.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 22,714
- 7,806
You can't just cut it into very small pieces?Evo said:Ok, I have a Dr's appointment this afternoon. My doctor was full so I'm seeing Dr Gore.This sounds ominous.
Ok, how does this sound, a Hardees angus Thickburger on sourdough bread with beef broth, run through the blender.
Eat meat with some slices of kiwi fruit. Kiwi fruit contains enzymes that break down proteins. I know this from experience when I marinated some steak with slices of kiwi. The outer surface made for nice gravy.
rewebster
- 883
- 2
Evo said:I just got home from the doctor, Tsu you called while I was there.
I am on a Z-Pak, so I should be better in a day or two. They tested for strep and it was negative.
so, what DID they say?----"looks like your throat is irritated--here are some pills."?
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
They didn't say anything. Just prescribed Z-Pac. Over and out.rewebster said:so, what DID they say?----"looks like your throat is irritated--here are some pills."?
Oh, and I've lost 6 pounds since Friday. Six pounds in 5 days. I know it will stabilize in a few days.
Last edited:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
I had to look up what Z-pak is: Azithromax (also known by the brand name Zithromycin)
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a697037.html
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/zithromaxsusp_ids.htm
First I saw the part that it is prescribed to treat STDs, and after I stopped laughing and pondering how Evo got an STD in her throat (must've been some REALLY nice male nurses at that hospital
), got further along and saw it's used for throat infections caused by Strep. I haven't found anything that tells how broad of a spectrum of bugs it is effective for. Hopefully they'll check the culture for anything else other than strep and make sure it's susceptible to azithromycin and prescribe something else if it isn't. It's in the same family as erythromycin (it's actually a derivative of it).
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a697037.html
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/zithromaxsusp_ids.htm
First I saw the part that it is prescribed to treat STDs, and after I stopped laughing and pondering how Evo got an STD in her throat (must've been some REALLY nice male nurses at that hospital
Last edited by a moderator:
Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
Astronuc said:You can't just cut it into very small pieces?
Eat meat with some slices of kiwi fruit. Kiwi fruit contains enzymes that break down proteins. I know this from experience when I marinated some steak with slices of kiwi. The outer surface made for nice gravy.
DON'T TALK TO HER ABOUT FOOD!111111111111 She's supposed to eat SOFT CRAP for the next week or so. We need to chant: mashed potatoes and cheese; mashed potatoes and cheese...
Evo - you're a good girl (for ONCE! ). Now take your medicine and stay away from salad. mashed potatoes and cheese, mashed potatoes and cheese...FRUIT SMOOTHIES, FRUIT SMOOTHIES (WITH LOTS OF WHIPPED CREME TO PUT SOME FAT ON YOUR POOR OLD SAGGY FLESH!1111
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Z-Pak is what they prescribe for upper respiritory infections now, highly effective.Moonbear said:I had to look up what Z-pak is: Azithromax (also known by the brand name Zithromycin)
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a697037.html
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/zithromaxsusp_ids.htm
First I saw the part that it is prescribed to treat STDs, and after I stopped laughing and pondering how Evo got an STD in her throat (must've been some REALLY nice male nurses at that hospital), got further along and saw it's used for throat infections caused by Strep. I haven't found anything that tells how broad of a spectrum of bugs it is effective for. Hopefully they'll check the culture for anything else other than strep and make sure it's susceptible to azithromycin and prescribe something else if it isn't. It's in the same family as erythromycin (it's actually a derivative of it).
Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
My mom made me the best banana milkshakes and potato soups when I got my wisdom teeth out. I highly recommend both for the eating impaired. If you've got a blender you can whip up some really creative stuff.
rewebster
- 883
- 2
boy--MB--you REALLY know how to start some rumors--
(she'll need to raise her PM message limit to 4000 now)
(she'll need to raise her PM message limit to 4000 now)
binzing
- 281
- 0
Food Thread?
GeorginaS
- 236
- 1
Well good, Evo, progress. A doctor's visit and antibiotics and everything. Now if you can actually follow your eating instructions (at least for a few days) we'll give you a gold star.
(Sidenote: Something I've noticed. Wow are women ever bossy. Yes, I'm including myself in that statement.)
(Sidenote: Something I've noticed. Wow are women ever bossy. Yes, I'm including myself in that statement.)
Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
Yeah. Don't you LOVE it! 
Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
binzing said:Food Thread?
Yer cruisin' for a bruisin', kiddo!
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
GeorginaS said:(Sidenote: Something I've noticed. Wow are women ever bossy. Yes, I'm including myself in that statement.)
Truest thing ever said on PF.
Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
Et tu, Wollie?Tsu said:Yer cruisin' for a bruisin', kiddo!![]()
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
GeorginaS said:(Sidenote: Something I've noticed. Wow are women ever bossy. Yes, I'm including myself in that statement.)
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,664
wolram said:Truest thing ever said on PF.
Tsu said:Et tu, Wollie?![]()
But how else would we know what to do unless women told us what to do?
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Glad to hear that you're improving, Evo. If you need something supplementary for nourishment, I highly recommend either Ensure Plus or Boost. They're both very tasty liquid meals that were originally developed for tube-feeding hospital patients. Some drug stores have their own house brands of the same thing as well.
Unless your photos are incredibly deceptive, you'll disappear if you lose another 5 pounds.
Unless your photos are incredibly deceptive, you'll disappear if you lose another 5 pounds.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
Borch soup is good and adaptable, it can be made sweet or savory.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,664
lisab said:Ugh, beets ...Woolie, remember, she can't vomit!
Hey! It might be a way of teaching Evo's stomach how to vomit anew.
Last time I heard, they were still practicing medicine.
Math Jeans
- 347
- 0
Woah. I came in late and don't have enough time to read the whole thread, but I'll just pop in and say hello.
From the look of these last few comments I probably have plenty of catching up to do.
From the look of these last few comments I probably have plenty of catching up to do.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Thanks Jeans. If you become a doctor, you can take care of me!
Similar threads
- Evo
- · Replies 9 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 9
- enigma
- · Replies 6 ·
- DIY Projects
- Replies
- 6