What are the applications of Reactance Diagram?

• Thread starter xiv_wolf
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi there!

I am just wondering about the applications of reactance diagram in the real world. What are the uses of this diagram?

Thanks!

Answers and Replies

Hi there!

I am just wondering about the applications of reactance diagram in the real world. What are the uses of this diagram?

Thanks!
Reactance diagram can be used to analyse phase shift, impedance as a function of frequency and a lot more. Reactance diagram works on the basic concept of vectors....

berkeman
Mentor
I use it quite often. I need to know the impedance of inductors and capacitors at various frequencies for many of the analog circuits I'm working with, and the diagram is a lot quicker than a calculator:

http://thediagram.com/3_6/reactance.html

I also use it to tell me what LC combo to use for resonance at some frequency that I might need. Very handy tool. I actually have a copy taped right there on my office wall, and another copy on my lab bench out in the lab. And one in my "Crib Sheets" binder (actually 2 binders -- one here at work and one at home).

sophiecentaur
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Now that's what I call a historic diagram - megacycles and kilocycles. When in the business, I also had one on the wall. Faster than a calculator and you could draw your own lines on it - like at 50 and 600 Ohms.