1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are the best physics textbooks?

1. Jul 5, 2017 #1
    Hello everyone !
    I am going to be a physics student next September and I want to know what are the best textbooks that are well-written , well-explained with diagrams and examples ?
    Thank you !

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2017 #2

blue_leaf77

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

A book is better than another book within the same subject, not to mention that which one is the best is relative to the one who judge it.
    Which subject do you want?

4. Jul 5, 2017 #3
    Well, I don't know what topic you're refering to, but I'd always suggest Jackson's book on Electromagnetism. This with Misner's Gravitation (for grad school) are the two "bibles" of physics I rely mostly on.

5. Jul 6, 2017 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

We have a whole forum about textbooks. I've moved this thread there. There are posts about introductory physics textbooks, classical mechanics textbooks, electromagnetism textbooks, quantum mechanics textbooks, etc. Scan through the list of thread titles, or use the forum search feature.

6. Jul 6, 2017 #5
    What grade are you entering into? High School? Batchelor's? Masters? What is your background? How much of math do you know?

7. Jul 10, 2017 #6
    Until and unless you specify in which field you need a book, and of which level, no one will be able to help you.

8. Jul 10, 2017 #7

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

Since the OP didn't reply on any of the many questions above, and
    summarizes the difficulties for us pretty well, I'll close this thread.

@Ahmed Hassan: If you have answers to the questions above, please contact me via PM.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook