What Are the Challenges of Scaling Down Electronics to Nano and Pico Scales?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
hikaru1221
Messages
798
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I'm freshman in Electrical Engineering. I'm going to do a project on a major challenge in electrical engineering nowadays. I intend to discuss the limit of microelectronics at micro-scale and so the challenge is to go deeper into lower scale, i.e. nano and pico scale (pico-scale is quite too far?!). However, I'm stuck with finding appropriate reference materials, as I'm new in the field. Can someone kindly give me some sources or enlighten me with this issue (in case I misconceive something)? Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hikaru1221 said:
Hi,
I'm freshman in Electrical Engineering. I'm going to do a project on a major challenge in electrical engineering nowadays. I intend to discuss the limit of microelectronics at micro-scale and so the challenge is to go deeper into lower scale, i.e. nano and pico scale (pico-scale is quite too far?!). However, I'm stuck with finding appropriate reference materials, as I'm new in the field. Can someone kindly give me some sources or enlighten me with this issue (in case I misconceive something)? Thank you.

I googled Integrated Circuit Geometry Roadmap, and got some useful hits:

http://www.google.com/search?source...01US302&q=integrated+circuit+geometry+roadmap

Maybe start with that hit list, and see if it leads you to better search terms. Maybe even try something like Replacements for Optical Lithography in Integrated Circuit Fabrication, or similar...