What Are the Functions of Components in an Electronic Circuit?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vmars
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Electronics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
vmars
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Greetings;
I am just learning about electronics
Is there a site
that describes what each component in a circuit does
with arrows describing electron flow
and what it is doing along the way?
I need diagrams.

Thanks!
Vern
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
To what extend are you trying to get? You can always check out a library book.
 
Have a look at the thread I made above. It's got a book recommendation in it about electronics. The thread is the Interpretation of existing circuit one :wink:
 
Wikipedia is a good website for learning about electronics. And the book "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill is an excellent beginning electronics book, and *well* worth the purchase price.
 
You sold it to me mate. As soon as funds are available I'm grabbing a copy :cool:
 
Check out my website "Free Engineering Online" (link in sig). There are many links in the electronics section. There is also some links in the 'Links" section that points to a free software simulator applet that allows to build circuits and simulate them. It also shows the direction of current, etc. Its great!
 
ranger>>> thankS! i can't believe it ! i can actually watch lectures on signals and systems! very useful!