What are the latest theories on time and its relationship with the universe?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Fobio
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hi
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Fobio
Hi...I go by Fobio. Good to be here...and I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a 30-something married banker who's into cars and amateur racing. In my high school years I did well in math and physics but did not pursue that in university. I've always had a interest in science to the point that my friends would call geeky, but IT DON'T MATTER. =)

Anyway, I've always followed science news and tech blogs, and with some of the recent TV programs and developments I see in the physics world, it got me thinking again about the stuff I really cared about inside. Particularly, time being a product of relative speed, current observations of an expanding universe, the variances in the consistency and persistence of space-time, and all the associated buzz around dark matter/energy, mass, and what a lay person like myself undertands of string and m-theory. With regards to time, I'm really interested in different theories on whether it is slowing down or accelerating, on in a certain state of flux...

I look forward to discussing with you smart guys and gals and appreciate in advance for pointing me in the right direction.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Fobio! Glad you found us :smile:.
 
Hello Fobio, make yourself right at home, snacks are in the fridge.