What are the Physics Opportunities in Montreal, Canada?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mef51
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Canada Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
mef51
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

I'm starting Co-op next winter and I'm looking for a job in Montreal. I'm not sure what kind of physics opportunities there are in the city. I know that Bombardier is in the area and that they may have jobs related to physics. There may also be opportunities at the universities there like McGill.

Does anyone have any experience they can share?

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I am not really familiar with the opportunities available in Montreal either, but one thing you can do is reach out to some local universities. Try talking to some people in the Physics department (or even engineering, math, cs if that can be applicable to you) and see if they have any advice/ideas.
 
That's definitely a good idea.

Lockheed Martin also has offices there and they do lots of work similar to to Bombardier.
A new planetarium opened there too. Though I doubt it would be a very technical position I wonder if they need people who know their astronomy.
 
I'm not familiar with physic-related jobs , but if you ever have a general question about Montreal feel free to pm me , I've live there all my life.

Cheers and good luck!