What are the sites in Europe to find job vacancies in Medical Physics?

In summary, the conversation is about an Italian medical physicist who is looking for job opportunities in Europe and is specifically interested in countries where English is spoken. The person is aware of job sites like jobs.nhs.uk and ipem, but is asking if there are other sites to search for medical physicist jobs. The conversation also mentions the job boards of organizations such as iomp.org, careers.aapm.org, and comp-ocpm.ca. It is also mentioned that in Finland, there is a requirement for a postgraduate degree and internship in order to work as a medical physicist in a hospital, but the pay is good. Another suggestion is the job board of efomp.org.
gabriele feti
Hi at all,

I'm an italian medical physicis and i want to try work in any countries of europe. I know only the english system and site: jobs.nhs.uk and ipem. So i want ask:
Do you know other sites to search work as medical physicist? I search in any country where i can use english
(as such holland, belgium or any countries)
Thanks at all for answer

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Here in Finland you have to get a postgraduate degree and go through a long internship before you can be a medical physicist in a hospital. The jobs are really well paid, though, if one manages to get through the training.

1. What are the top websites to find job vacancies in Medical Physics in Europe?

Some popular job search websites for Medical Physics in Europe include EuroScienceJobs, New Scientist Jobs, and Academic Positions.

2. Are there any specialized websites for Medical Physics job opportunities in Europe?

Yes, there are several specialized websites such as MedPharmJobs and MedicalPhysicsWeb that specifically cater to job vacancies in Medical Physics in Europe.

3. What are some ways to find job openings in Medical Physics in specific European countries?

You can visit the websites of professional organizations like the European Federation of Organisations for Medical Physics (EFOMP) and the European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO) for country-specific job listings. Additionally, you can also search for job openings on the websites of universities and hospitals in your desired country.

4. Is it possible to find internships or research opportunities in Medical Physics in Europe?

Yes, there are many opportunities for internships and research positions in Medical Physics in Europe. You can search for these on job search websites, university websites, and also directly contact research institutions and hospitals in your field of interest.

5. Are there any online resources or databases for Medical Physics job vacancies in Europe?

Yes, EuroMedJobs is an online database specifically for job openings in the medical field in Europe. You can also find job listings and information on conferences and events related to Medical Physics on the website of the International Organization for Medical Physics (IOMP).