What Are the Strangest Dreams You've Ever Had?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Dreams
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
121 replies · 12K views
astral wandering

Math Is Hard said:
Sometimes I dream and sometimes I do my "astral wandering". *yawn* Think I'll go do some of that now. Do not be frightened if you see me, Woolie. :smile:

When you "astral wander" do you feel or hear a slurping/popping noise when you exit your body? I have had "several out of body" dreams where I float out of my body. If I realize I am dreaming, then I try to float out of the house. One time, I made it through the crack in the door and outside to the top of the hill, in the back yard, where I was met by others who told me it was time to go back. Then I was sucked(same slurping noise) back into my body and woke up with my heart racing.
That was the only time I remember the slurping noise.
Anybody else experience "Out of Body" dreams?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
larkspur said:
When you "astral wander" do you feel or hear a slurping/popping noise when you exit your body? I have had "several out of body" dreams where I float out of my body. If I realize I am dreaming, then I try to float out of the house. One time, I made it through the crack in the door and outside to the top of the hill, in the back yard, where I was met by others who told me it was time to go back. Then I was sucked(same slurping noise) back into my body and woke up with my heart racing.
That was the only time I remember the slurping noise.
Anybody else experience "Out of Body" dreams?
That's really interesting. I don't hear any noise. I just suddenly look over at my sleeping body, and it's like "oh, dear, I'm out again". Sometimes I fly or go places. Sometimes I don't leave the room. It used to always happen if I would try to make myself sleep when I wasn't tired. What's weird is last weekend, I distinctly heard the word "larkspur" in a dream. I tried and tried to remember the context but couldn't. I thought it was odd, but figured maybe I had just read one of your posts and that influenced my subconscious. So now it is really funny that you replied to a comment I made in a thread about strange dreams!
 
Last edited:
zoobyshoe said:
I once dreampt I was out-of-coffee:
I thought it was an out-of-jelly experience that you had?
 
Math Is Hard said:
I thought it was an out-of-jelly experience that you had?
And I thought an out-of-jelly experience was what you had when your cat, Jellyroll ran away.
 
What I had in mind was post #1021 of the stupid quetion thread, when you mentioned that you had an authentic out-of-jelly experience during your visit to the refrigerator.
 
Math Is Hard said:
What I had in mind was post #1021 of the stupid quetion thread, when you mentioned that you had an authentic out-of-jelly experience during your visit to the refrigerator.
That was authentic. Several para-jelly investigators and refridgerator repairmen to whom I've related the tale have confirmed it. My out-of-coffee experience was a whole different ball of jelly.
 
Math Is Hard said:
It used to always happen if I would try to make myself sleep when I wasn't tired.
Come to think of it, all of my OOB dreams have occurred when I was napping during the day.

Math Is Hard said:
What's weird is last weekend, I distinctly heard the word "larkspur" in a dream. I tried and tried to remember the context but couldn't. I thought it was odd, but figured maybe I had just read one of your posts and that influenced my subconscious. So now it is really funny that you replied to a comment I made in a thread about strange dreams!
Cool!
 
zoobyshoe said:
I once dreampt I was out-of-coffee:

post #14
Did you ever get your coffee and did it make a slurping noise?:-p
 
Last edited:
larkspur said:
Did you ever get your coffee and did it make a slurping noise?:-p
Slurping noise?
 
Just kidding...When I had my out of body dream, I heard a slurping/suction noise when I went back into my body.
 
larkspur said:
Did you ever get your coffee and did it make a slurping noise?:-p
:smile: I was slurping coffee when I read this.
 
larkspur said:
Just kidding...When I had my out of body dream, I heard a slurping/suction noise when I went back into my body.
Sounds like you may have underhydrated ectoplasm. Drink more coffee.
 
Math Is Hard said:
:smile: I was slurping coffee when I read this.
You may have crossed ectoplasm with an astral fly on one of your wanderings and be turning into one.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
So does anyone think that they have had a prophetic dream?

Not that I remember....
 
Ivan Seeking said:
So does anyone think that they have had a prophetic dream?
Zooby has had at least one prophetic dream that I can verify. I think it is time to call the amazing Randi. :wink:
 
Math Is Hard said:
Zooby has had at least one prophetic dream that I can verify. I think it is time to call the amazing Randi. :wink:
It's a true fact. And I don't believe in that sort of thing. This dream, though, had a vivid, unusual, special quality.
 
zoobyshoe said:
It's a true fact. And I don't believe in that sort of thing. This dream, though, had a vivid, unusual, special quality.
I've had several dreams like this. It's was this "vivid, unusual, special quality" that allowed me to recognize the last three as carrying information about the immediate future, so that I told someone about them before the events appeared in the media (within one day).
 
Aether said:
I've had several dreams like this. It's was this "vivid, unusual, special quality" that allowed me to recognize the last three as carrying information about the immediate future, so that I told someone about them before the events appeared in the media (within one day).
Somehow, though, I sense there is a difference between you're prophetic dreams and mine. I'm sensing there's a significance to the little winky smiley Math Is Hard tacked onto the end of her post. Yes, the force is strong within me. It is significance!
 
zoobyshoe said:
Somehow, though, I sense there is a difference between you're prophetic dreams and mine. I'm sensing there's a significance to the little winky smiley Math Is Hard tacked onto the end of her post. Yes, the force is strong within me. It is significance!
When you told me of your dream I was highly skeptical. You very clearly saw that I would find three little orphans on my doorstep and adopt them. Preposterous! Yet I came home that very night to find a rain-soaked box at my front door, and inside, three tiny fledgelings!
 
Yes, I told you I had a funny dream that someone left orphans in a box on your doorstep.

Lo and behold, it came to pass!
 
zoobyshoe said:
Yes, I told you I had a funny dream that someone left orphans in a box on your doorstep.

Lo and behold, it came to pass!
You mentioned that your dream had a "vivid, unusual, special quality". Does that have anything to do with why you told MIH about the dream? Why did you mention that?
 
Aether said:
You mentioned that your dream had a "vivid, unusual, special quality". Does that have anything to do with why you told MIH about the dream? Why did you mention that?
Naw. I'll spill the beans:

I sent her some surprise stuffed penguin chicks I found at the San Diego zoo cause I know she likes penguin chicks. The clerk at the Post Office said it would take three days, so on the third day I sent her an e-mail mentioning I'd had this funny dream that someone had left a box of orphans on her doorstep. It caught her interest and she wrote back a couple times trying to get me to remember what kind of orphans they were. Kittens? Actual human babies? I said I wasn't sure, just that I had a vivid image of her looking into a box which I sensed contained "orphans" and that I had a strange feeling this particular dream was going to come true.

The timing turned out to be perfect cause the box had arrived exactly that day and was waiting for her when she got home from work.
 
zoobyshoe said:
Naw. I'll spill the beans:

I sent her some surprise stuffed penguin chicks I found at the San Diego zoo cause I know she likes penguin chicks. The clerk at the Post Office said it would take three days, so on the third day I sent her an e-mail mentioning I'd had this funny dream that someone had left a box of orphans on her doorstep. It caught her interest and she wrote back a couple times trying to get me to remember what kind of orphans they were. Kittens? Actual human babies? I said I wasn't sure, just that I had a vivid image of her looking into a box which I sensed contained "orphans" and that I had a strange feeling this particular dream was going to come true.

The timing turned out to be perfect cause the box had arrived exactly that day and was waiting for her when she got home from work.
What a cool gift. :approve:
 
Aether said:
What a cool gift. :approve:
Yeah, a dream come true!
 
It was an extremely cool gift! The best ever! Except I've had several knocks at my door by persons claiming to be officials from the San Diego Zoo wanting to know details of my acquaintance with a Mr. Z. Shoe and the whereabouts of the missing little ones. I've had to be very evasive with them. I hope they are not reading these posts. Rest assured, I am keeping the penguinitos "stuffed" with daily salmon smoothies and rigorous courses in differential calculus.:approve:
 
zoobyshoe said:
I sent her some surprise stuffed penguin chicks I found at the San Diego zoo cause I know she likes penguin chicks.
Oh, and thanks for outing me, Zoob. Now everyone at PF knows I like chicks! :smile:
 
Math Is Hard said:
It was an extremely cool gift! The best ever! Except I've had several knocks at my door by persons claiming to be officials from the San Diego Zoo wanting to know details of my acquaintance with a Mr. Z. Shoe and the whereabouts of the missing little ones. I've had to be very evasive with them. I hope they are not reading these posts.
They leaned on me too. Sleep deprivation, rubber hose. I said nothing. All I admitted to is having heard a rumor of a vague scheme to get some illegal aliens north to L.A. They must have gotten your address by meticulously piecing together strips from my shredder bin while I was in the "interview" room.

Math Is Hard said:
Oh, and thanks for outing me, Zoob. Now everyone at PF knows I like chicks! :smile:
Yeah, and when you come down to San Diego I'm taking you to see a performer we'll both enjoy:

http://www.youthink.com/quiz_images/quiz304outcome3.jpg
 
Last edited: