What career options are available after an Astrophysics degree

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
TheLark
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm thinking of doing an astrophysics degree and was wondering what career choices would be available to me after this with just the degree. I would hope to do a masters and so on but that may not work out. I know i could go into research with the college or university but other then that I am not entirely sure
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Astrophysics for undergrad? That will prepare you to do astrophysics for grad school. Note that most astrophysicists just get a 'regular' physics degree in undergrad. Thats what I would suggest too, just get a regular physics degree if you want to do (astro)physics research in grad school.

Other than grad school and research there is not much an astrophysics BS will do for you that any other degree cant. You can do Teach For America, that is a go to employer for physics grads who don't do grad school.