1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Career Options do I Have in Aeronautics (not Astronautics) ?

1. Jul 17, 2009 #1
    What Career Options do I Have in Aeronautics (not Astronautics)!!??

Its a frank question, I need answers.
    I'm going to have an interview very soon in which I'll have to answer about my ambitions, my career, where I plan to study....everything. I plan on going into aeronautics for sure.
    Any help will be appreciated ...please...!!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2009 #2
    Re: What Career Options do I Have in Aeronautics (not Astronautics)!!??

whats the difference between aeronautics and astronautics?

4. Jul 18, 2009 #3

Aerospace engineering is divided into two parts- astronautical and aeronautical.

Astronautical is generally concentrated to space flight, that is rockets and such.

But, aeronautics is a wider topic. It involves research of fixed-wing aircrafts, heelicopters, gliders, etc. It also takes into account the aerodynamics and effect of the air around the airplane, whereas, in astonautics, you don't look into effects of air, as, there is no air in outer space.

5. Jul 19, 2009 #4

thanks. and whats the difference between astronautical engineering and space engineering?

6. Jul 22, 2009 #5
    What Career Options do I Have in Aeronautics (not Astronautics)!!??

Hi,Thank you for your query.Aeronautics and Aerospace engineering is one of the most challenging fields of engineering.This is the best engineering for aeronautics students who learns that how they maintained, how they constructed and develops.:approve:

7. Jul 22, 2009 #6

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

Space engineering encompasses space systems (satellites, remote sensing, communications, etc.) The things that you're spending millions of dollars getting into space on the things that astronautical engineers build. For instance:
    http://www.eng.yorku.ca/ProspectiveStudents/Space/index.html [Broken]

(That's the second hit from a Google search for "space engineering")

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook