What Career Options do I Have in Aeronautics (not Astronautics) ?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
modulus
Messages
127
Reaction score
3
What Career Options do I Have in Aeronautics (not Astronautics)!??

Its a frank question, I need answers.
I'm going to have an interview very soon in which I'll have to answer about my ambitions, my career, where I plan to study...everything. I plan on going into aeronautics for sure.
Any help will be appreciated ...please...!
 
Physics news on Phys.org


whats the difference between aeronautics and astronautics?
 


EternityMech said:
whats the difference between aeronautics and astronautics?

Aerospace engineering is divided into two parts- astronautical and aeronautical.

Astronautical is generally concentrated to space flight, that is rockets and such.

But, aeronautics is a wider topic. It involves research of fixed-wing aircrafts, heelicopters, gliders, etc. It also takes into account the aerodynamics and effect of the air around the airplane, whereas, in astonautics, you don't look into effects of air, as, there is no air in outer space.
 


thanks. and what's the difference between astronautical engineering and space engineering?
 
What Career Options do I Have in Aeronautics (not Astronautics)!??

Hi,Thank you for your query.Aeronautics and Aerospace engineering is one of the most challenging fields of engineering.This is the best engineering for aeronautics students who learns that how they maintained, how they constructed and develops.:approve:
 


EternityMech said:
thanks. and what's the difference between astronautical engineering and space engineering?

Space engineering encompasses space systems (satellites, remote sensing, communications, etc.) The things that you're spending millions of dollars getting into space on the things that astronautical engineers build. For instance:
http://www.eng.yorku.ca/ProspectiveStudents/Space/index.html

(That's the second hit from a Google search for "space engineering")
 
Last edited by a moderator: