What causes metal-insulator transition in rare earth nickelate compounds?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ngom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Transition
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Ngom
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Dear everydody can you please help me to understand how can by heating your sample they jumb from Insulater state to an metal state when we rich to a certain value of temperature for exemple the Rare Earth Nickelate compounds.

Best regard
Ngom
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
If you are referring to the perovskite nickelates (RNiO3), I can tell you that about 10 years ago, it was believed that (I think in at least some of the compounds) the transition was associated with a weak Jahn-Teller distortion. I've not followed up since then.
 
Thank for the time that you use to reply to me if you have more information please let me know.
 
Unfortunately, that's the crux of what I recall.

I think I might be able to dig up some papers on this though...but then, that's probably something that you can do as well as me.