What courses should I take in high school to get into top colleges?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Tyler133
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
I'm a freshman in high school and I have to choose my classes for 10th grade very soon but I'm in somewhat of a predicament. I need to have one Art credit to graduate from high school and I have been in band since 5th grade so naturally I continued to do band into 9th grade. However, now that I have all of my art credits fulfilled should I continue to do band through my senior year or drop band for the rest of high school and use the time band took up to enroll in a number of different classes. I would like to go to an Ivy League school, MIT, Caltech, etc. and major in physics so I was wondering what do colleges look for when going through the application process: someone who has done more arts or someone who has done a number of different, random classes. Any input would be appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org