What Determines the Physical Size of a Radio Wave's Amplitude?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter fraserev
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Amplitude Radio Wave
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
fraserev
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hey do you know how to calculate what is the physical size of the amplitude of a radio wave?
like I know how to calculate the wavelength but to draw a scale physical representation of that wave in space, how do I use amplitude to calculate the (y axis) height of the peak periods?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
fraserev said:
hey do you know how to calculate what is the physical size of the amplitude of a radio wave?
like I know how to calculate the wavelength but to draw a scale physical representation of that wave in space, how do I use amplitude to calculate the (y axis) height of the peak periods?

There is no physical relationship between amplitude of a radio wave and size or distance. For illustrative purposes, you just pick a scale that works for your drawing.