What device can produce magnetic fields Iooking to buy

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a device to produce electromagnetic fields and control the frequency emitted for experiments. They mention wanting to experiment on themselves and possibly others, but it is emphasized that this should not be done without proper qualifications and ethical approval.
joezay20
I’m looking for a device to produce electromagnetic fields and how can u control the frequency emitted looking to build or purchase looking to experiment any information either reply publicly or inbox me

Physics news on Phys.org
joezay20 said:
I’m looking for a device to produce electromagnetic fields and how can u control the frequency emitted looking to build or purchase looking to experiment any information either reply publicly or inbox me
Welcome to PF!

Could you be more specific about what you are trying to do? Because it just sounds to me like a two-way radio meets that description.

Im trying to do experiments like putting x amount of hertz to water or what happens wen the human body is exposed to an electromagnetic field that is at a constant frequency of x hertz etc

Good enough?
russ_watters said:
Welcome to PF!

Could you be more specific about what you are trying to do? Because it just sounds to me like a two-way radio meets that description.

joezay20 said:
x amount of hertz
What sort of frequencies are you looking for? 10's of Hz, 1000's (kHz), millions (MHz)?

jtbell said:
What sort of frequencies are you looking for? 10's of Hz, 1000's (kHz), millions (MHz)?
Probably 10s-400s give or take not picky just looking for something to get things kicked off

joezay20 said:
what happens wen the human body is exposed to an electromagnetic field

So you want to experiment on humans by irradiating them with EM fields ?
What professional qualifications do you have that make you think you can do this safely ?
Have you got millions of $$ of public liability insurance for when they sue you for injury to their health ?

davenn said:
So you want to experiment on humans by irradiating them with EM fields ?
What professional qualifications do you have that make you think you can do this safely ?
Have you got millions of $$ of public liability insurance for when they sue you for injury to their health ?
No one said it’d be on other humans other than myself

joezay20 said:
No one said it’d be on other humans other than myself

well you didn't make that point clear ! it pays to be clear

my first 2 questions still stand regardless of if it is just you or others

Thread closed pending moderation.

Edit: No experimentation on humans should be done on humans (including oneself) without the approval of an ethics board. The thread will remain closed.

Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of a device that can produce magnetic fields?

A device that can produce magnetic fields is typically used for scientific research, industrial applications, and medical imaging. It can also be used for experiments and demonstrations in educational settings.

2. How does a device produce magnetic fields?

A device that produces magnetic fields typically uses electricity to create a magnetic field. This can be done through the use of coils, electromagnets, or permanent magnets.

3. What factors should I consider when buying a device that produces magnetic fields?

Some important factors to consider when buying a device that produces magnetic fields include the strength and uniformity of the magnetic field, the size and portability of the device, and the cost and availability of replacement parts or maintenance services.

4. Are there any safety concerns when using a device that produces magnetic fields?

Yes, there can be safety concerns when using a device that produces magnetic fields. These devices can interfere with electronic devices and medical implants, and can also pose a risk of injury if not used properly. It is important to follow all safety guidelines and instructions provided by the manufacturer.

5. Can I use a device that produces magnetic fields for home experiments or demonstrations?

It is not recommended to use a device that produces magnetic fields for home experiments or demonstrations, as these devices can be dangerous if not handled properly. It is best to use these devices in controlled environments with proper safety measures in place.