What do you need most in your life?

• Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary: Oreos (most important thing), Chocolate (most important thing), Money (I don't need more of it), Sex (I don't need more of it), Drugs (I don't need more of them), TV Shows (I don't need more of them), Internet (I don't need more of it), Friends (I've got plenty of those), Life (I've got plenty of that too)

What do you need most in your life?

• Total voters
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Please select in the poll what you could use most in your life. If you want, you can tell us why :tongue:

Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't see "a steady supply of free money" in there, so I went with the next best thing: motivation to actually make something of myself.

Likes Monsterboy
Where's the junk food option? Oreos are the most important thing in my life.

This is a very difficult question to even begin to answer for me, since at any given point in my life, what I need from my life could vary tremendously.

StatGuy2000 said:
This is a very difficult question to even begin to answer for me, since at any given point in my life, what I need from my life could vary tremendously.

Let's say "what do you need most right now"

i need micromass in my life

Char. Limit said:
I didn't see "a steady supply of free money" in there, so I went with the next best thing: motivation to actually make something of myself.

I assumed freedom included free money, and women dancing around in tight bikinis while shooting guns off into the air. So that’s what I went with.

micromass said:
Let's say "what do you need most right now"

OK, with that in mind, I chose "wisdom", since I'm constantly seeking greater knowledge within both my own subject field and facts about a wide range of areas outside of my field. Although I could have just as easily selected "understanding".

Rockoz said:
i need micromass in my life

Keep posting on PF and I'll always remain in your life!

Would it be fair if I voted for all of them at once?

Matterwave said:
Would it be fair if I voted for all of them at once?

If that's what you need to do...

After 4+ months of dealing with annoying house guests, I'm going to have to vote for peace.

I need sleep. Why isn't that in your poll?

At my age I need some more energy, bit I will settle for some motivation. Sometimes when I get started at something the energy follows.

PhysicsForums is missing in the poll.

I also miss the option "long polls".

mfb said:
PhysicsForums is missing in the poll.

PF includes all the poll options!

I think motivation I think...almost unemployed for half a year...

wait, what am I doing again?

Confidence and Faith. I think big changes are brewing and it's hard to make a leap into the unknown. (Btw, I don't mean faith in supernatural things - I'm atheist. I mean faith that things will turn out OK.)

Looking at this list made me very aware of the good things I have o:): Love, Wisdom ( I hope), Peace, Freedom...I'm very lucky!

Most of my life I've wanted Peace, and for the most part I feel I have almost achieved it at last (though I don't sound too convincing).

Strength, wisdom, peace, creativity, selective forgetfulness and umm...time to gripe about boredom.
(And another whiteboard...this one has a huge 'bubble' in the center.)

Oh, where's OmCheeto when you need him?

I've gone for confidence but a lot of these are interconnected. Confidence will make it easier to find love, which in turn can grant more confidence. Being in love can also lead to passion, kindness and wisdom. Confidence also can help with motivation etc etc.

But yeah, I guess for me confidence is what I most identify with.

Likes fireflies
Of all of those options, sleep is the only one you can't live without. Next is healing, because without that, you'd bleed to death from the slightest cut.

lisab said:
Confidence and Faith. I think big changes are brewing and it's hard to make a leap into the unknown. (Btw, I don't mean faith in supernatural things - I'm atheist. I mean faith that things will turn out OK.)

Looking at this list made me very aware of the good things I have o:): Love, Wisdom ( I hope), Peace, Freedom...I'm very lucky!

Hi lisab. If you don't mind my asking, I'm curious as to what big changes do you think are brewing. Please feel free to PM me if my question is too personal.

Char. Limit said:
I have a "steady supply of free money" now. But this yields a monumental lack of motivation to do anything other than sit on the front porch, drink beer, and watch the tweakers ride by on their bicycles at 70 mph.

hmmm...

What's the difference between a crackhead and a tweaker?
The crackhead will steal your [stuff] and bounce[1]--the tweaker will steal your [stuff] and then help you look for it.
(ref)

As for the rest,

I either have it:
Courage, Love, Strength, Confidence, Wisdom, Understanding, Kindness, Healing, Forgiveness, Freedom, Patience (except with fools. I do not suffer them gladly...), Hope, Faith, Passion

don't need any more of it:
Sleep (I got through last night without a charley horse. Yippie! I even slept through a thunderstorm that rolled through at 1 am)

or am not delusional enough to think such a thing is possible:
Peace

Drakkith said:
Oh, where's OmCheeto when you need him?

I am here! What do you require Lord Drakkith?

[1] v. to exit a location/situation

Hey, who added sleep to my poll? :confused::frown:

Likes gracy
OmCheeto said:
I have a "steady supply of free money" now. But this yields a monumental lack of motivation to do anything other than sit on the front porch, drink beer, and watch the tweakers ride by on their bicycles at 70 mph.
I'm too altruistic to let you wallow without motivation. From now on you are required to send your free money to me.

micromass said:

A poll diddler, no doubt...

zoobyshoe said:
I'm too altruistic to let you wallow without motivation. From now on you are required to send your free money to me.

Ok. But there will be a $19.95 shipping and handling fee for each $5.00 I send you. Deal?

is "most" defined at present or one that has been kept in my heart for a long time ? I can't tell you the latter, I now need money most, which isn't polled up there though.

Since I don't see an option for beer (every poll should have an option for beer!), I choose sleep. Sleep is a glorious thing, and I don't get enough of it...

StatGuy2000 said:
Hi lisab. If you don't mind my asking, I'm curious as to what big changes do you think are brewing. Please feel free to PM me if my question is too personal.

Several months ago I was moved into a new position at work. I didn't want to do it because I had a strong feeling it wouldn't suit me. But it did come with a bit of a pay raise. I wasn't given a choice, in any case.

Well, I was right: it doesn't suit me. So...now what?

It's not in the list! :frown:

micromass said:

Ya, I found "sleep" to be an outlier. It's obvious we need sleep. If there's "sleep", there should also be "water" and "food".

Likes fireflies
OmCheeto said:
Ok. But there will be a $19.95 shipping and handling fee for each $5.00 I send you. Deal?
No, the idea is for you to have less money so your motivation will return, and for me to have more. That way it's win-win.