andrewh21 said:
so very sorry please forgive me I am getting confused again I have tried that many calcs trying to get this I am in a bit of a muddle
1.5m at 2 tonnes/m = 3 tonnes
3 tonnes converted to KN =29.892049152000002KN
so 29.9KN in the centre
not forgetting the point load in the centre of 200N am I correct to assume that the load from x=0m to x=1.5m
=30.1KN
or does the point load not get took into consideration for this?
Let's try to simplify things a bit.
1. There's no need to carry calculations to 50 decimal places.
2. We can use a value of g = 9.81 m/s
2 or even 10 m/s
2, without significant loss of accuracy.
For a UDL of 2 tonnes/meter, the total load on the beam will be 2 tonne/m * 3m = 6 tonnes, half of which is 3 tonnes.
3 tonnes = 3000 kg = 3000 * 9.81 = 29,430 N
The reactions on the beam, using g = 9.81 m/s
2, will be 29,530 N at the left and right supports.
Now, what is the value of the shear force at x = 1.5 m from the left support?