What Idea Shapes Your Political Philosophy?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Idea
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
93 replies · 10K views
Skyhunter said:
Everyone and everything belongs.
Society should strive to assure every individual the freedom and opportunity to find their place. I don't know how society will get there. Presently I am not sold on any particular ideology. I am willing to consider any idea, so long as it does not contradict that premise.
You know that's a very functionalist perspective, almost Vaneschian.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Smurf said:
You know that's a very functionalist perspective, almost Vaneschian.
Perhaps I should read the threads where you and Vanesch discussed ideology.
 
Nah, I can give you an overview of both our positions if you want though.
 
Smurf said:
Nah, I can give you an overview of both our positions if you want though.
Sure, that would be acceptable to me, and Vanesch could always object if you mischaracterize his position.