What in physics and what in engineering

In summary, the conversation revolves around the person's dilemma of choosing between a career in physics or engineering. They have a strong interest in both fields, specifically in quantum physics, cosmology, space science, aerospace, mechanical engineering, robotics, and programming. They also have a desire to be an inventor and want to prioritize their passion over monetary gain. The conversation ends with the suggestion to pursue a core subject like physics and potentially combine it with mechanical engineering to further their studies in astronomy or physics. The overall advice is to follow what they love and enjoy.
prakharj
Hello everyone
i am totally confused about continuing my career in physics or engineering.I love physics.My main fields of interest are quantum physics, cosmology,space science,aerospace. I love all these.I want to be a physicist or a prof. But I also love engineering, in engineering also machanical eng,robotics, eng which involve designing things which flys(dnt noe wat it called). I also lyk little bit of programming. I love constructing n designing different things. I also want to be a inventor, or an engineer. Actually i like everything which needs ,innovation n creativity.
Please help me out.
P S ; my interest in robotics is little more,bt i like all.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am currently preparing for indian institute of technology.

Do Physics. Doing engineering is fine if it is the thing you love above all else, otherwise keep your options open by sticking with a core subject like Physics. Good luck!

Do you want to do something that you love or something that is more likely to put notes in your wallet?

No no, i don't want to work for money. I just want to do because i love it.
And if somebody is paying me for doing what i want to do then its good.

prakharj said:
No no, i don't want to work for money.
A word of advice. When applying for jobs, don't let the employers know that :wink:

Likes 1 person
see I did engineering 2 yrs back and I also love physics...In engineering you have to read physics...you can take mechanical branch...and there you will be studying maths,physics,mechanical...everything..

Its good to do mechanical engineering... Its good branch and many times it is known as mother of all engineering branches. it includes physics and lots of math.. and little bit of programming also... And then you can go for m tech or msc and then phd in astronomy/physics...

Just enjoy what you love...

What is the difference between physics and engineering?

Physics is a branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, and their interactions. It seeks to understand the fundamental laws that govern the behavior of the physical world. Engineering, on the other hand, is the application of scientific and mathematical principles to design, develop, and maintain structures, machines, devices, and systems. In simple terms, physics is the science behind understanding how things work, while engineering is the practical application of this knowledge to solve real-world problems.

How do physics and engineering work together?

Physics and engineering are closely related and often work hand in hand. The laws and principles of physics provide the foundation for engineering design, while engineers use this knowledge to create new technologies and improve existing ones. Engineers also use physics to test and validate their designs. In short, physics and engineering complement each other and are essential for advancements in technology and innovation.

What are some examples of physics in engineering?

There are many examples of how physics is applied in engineering. Some common ones include the use of mechanics and thermodynamics in designing and building automobiles, the use of electricity and magnetism in creating electronic devices, and the use of optics in designing cameras and telescopes. Other examples include the application of principles of fluid mechanics in designing airplanes and the use of materials science in creating stronger and more durable structures.

How does understanding physics benefit engineers?

Understanding the laws and principles of physics is crucial for engineers as it allows them to create designs that are safe, efficient, and effective. A strong foundation in physics enables engineers to accurately predict how a system will behave and make informed decisions during the design process. It also helps them to identify potential problems and find solutions to complex engineering challenges.

How can physics and engineering be used to address real-world problems?

Physics and engineering are instrumental in addressing real-world problems and improving our daily lives. For instance, they are used to develop sustainable energy solutions, improve transportation systems, and enhance healthcare technologies. They are also essential in solving global issues such as climate change and pollution. By combining their knowledge and skills, physicists and engineers can work together to find innovative solutions to some of the most pressing challenges we face as a society.